2001 Soloist 7 Custom shop USA value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Soloist 7 Custom shop USA value?

a friend of mine received a guitar a while back. according the the jackson tag, its a 2001 solo 7 with EMGs in metallic black. it has reverse inlays and a normal headstock. it also has a licensced floyd rose tremolo with a jackson logo which i thought was weird but maybe thats how they made them back then? these seem to be somewhat rare and hard to find/price out. he doesnt play guitar but i do, i actually own a newer SL2H. he wants to sell it to me, but we cant find a market value on it.. any ideas? its in pretty good shape based of off pictures, but i have yet to see it in person so assuming its in mint condition... what are we looking at?

PICTURES HERE : https://imgur.com/a/eTfGY
    Last edited by nohedge; 10-04-2017, 07:21 PM. Reason: added pictures

Any pics? You need to load pics on a site such as tinypic or imagebucket and then copy the link here.

I'd expect a 2001 to have an original Floyd Rose from factory. Jackson logo'd Floyds ended in the mid '90s on USA's for the most part unless I'm mistaken.
    Just a ballpark figure for me would be $1800-2200 depending on condition.
    Last edited by Mudlark; 10-04-2017, 06:31 PM.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

i added a link to an album of pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
        I'd expect a 2001 to have an original Floyd Rose from factory. Jackson logo'd Floyds ended in the mid '90s on USA's for the most part unless I'm mistaken.
        Seems legit. Did Floyd Rose have an original 7-string trem back then? I know there used to be pics in the old gallery of a Jackson 7-string that got an Ibanez Edge trem put on at the factory from around that time or before.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Seems legit. Did Floyd Rose have an original 7-string trem back then? I know there used to be pics in the old gallery of a Jackson 7-string that got an Ibanez Edge trem put on at the factory from around that time or before.
          yea thats what i was thinking, due to it being 2001 maybe they didnt have an original back then.. i added a link to some pics check them out.

Comment

Seems like it fits the route pretty well. Looks good to me. As for value, I'd say at least $1,500 to maybe $2,000, but the market may be a little soft at the moment.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I thought we were speaking of the Schaller JT590 with the Jackson logo used on higher end imports and USA models in the '80s/'90s.

I didn't think you actually meant a LICENSED FLOYD! On a Custom Shop!!
              I can't believe what I'm seeing. It looks identical to the JT580LP aside from being a 7 string.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I thought we were speaking of the Schaller JT590 with the Jackson logo used on higher end imports and USA models in the '80s/'90s.

I can't believe what I'm seeing. It looks identical to the JT580LP aside from being a 7 string.
                Took words out of my mouth. Surprising to see!!

Comment

What does this mean

Comment

That's a Takeuchi Lo Pro jt580 bridge 7 string version. Supposed to be pretty ok trem.

Comment

I'd put it a little higher. $2000-$2400ish would be my guesstimate.

There has been no USA Select or Custom Select 7 string pointy soloists that I'm aware of, so it's a bit more uncommon.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by nohedge View Post
                        What does this mean
                        Those tremolos, with few exceptions, were mainly used on imports.
                        I'm doubtful that even a fan of them would say they're even remotely comparable to an OFR. That's not to say they're garbage...but, just not what you'd expect to see on a top shelf guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                          I'd put it a little higher. $2000-$2400ish would be my guesstimate.

There has been no USA Select or Custom Select 7 string pointy soloists that I'm aware of, so it's a bit more uncommon.
                          what do you mean by pointy? im looking at picking this up for a fairly good price from him in the interest to resell it. thanks for the input.
                          Last edited by nohedge; 10-05-2017, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Those tremolos, with few exceptions, were mainly used on imports.
                            I'm doubtful that even a fan of them would say they're even remotely comparable to an OFR. That's not to say they're garbage...but, just not what you'd expect to see on a top shelf guitar.
                            yea i used to have a jackson dkmg with a licensed floyd rose, but this was in high school. there was a long gap in my guitar career and i sold off everything. last year when i got back into guitar i picked up the SL2H. all that i can tell thats different is build quality, and the locks/tuners are in a different location. what else is different?

Comment

Pointy refers to the headstock.
                              The DKMG would've had a JT580LP. I don't know much about tremolos, truthfully. All I know is that the JT580LP would be made with a metal that wouldn't be near as solid as an OFR.
                              Some people really don't like a JT580LP, but others will say they're completely adequate.

Comment

Working...
                              X