Just wanted to post some pics of my awesome SL-2H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wanted to post some pics of my awesome SL-2H

So I pulled this one of it's case yesterday and did a full cleanup and setup, it needed it badly. I also took the opportunity to recondition the Floyd Rose, including a full disassemble and cleaning/oiling. I also replaced all the black hardware on the Floyd with genuine parts since it had some rust from hand sweat from over the years. The Floyd is looking and working perfect now. This is IMHO my favorite color and hardware combo that Jackson ever offered on the SL-2H, I just love everything about this guitar. The pics do not do it justice.

Eeep sorry about the ginormous pics!

Comment

Awesome! One of my favorite colors, too.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The SL2H is absolutely my favourite Jackson model, yours is in a very very cool color.
        The back is a deep blue or black??

On a trans blue w/chrome hardware like that I'd put a couple of white Duncans, just for aesthetics customisation

Comment

I would have to say that the back is black? The white Duncan idea might be worth checking into, maybe I'll photshop them on the guitar and see how it looks.

Comment

love the blue and chrome !
            A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

Comment

That is beautiful. It is unusual to see a standard-spaced bridge pickup on a trem-equipped (trem-spaced) guitar.

Comment

Very nice, love it!

Comment

Gorgeous!

Comment

Kick ass soloist!

Comment

Is this a different version of Trans Blue? I thought they all had blue backs, without the black fading on the edges.

Comment

Not trans blue. This is a finish they only did for a few years in the early 2000s. I think it was called trans cobalt blue burst? A darker blue, with black burst edges and black back. They did a red version, too, called raspberry burst. I had the NAMM / catalog DK1 in that finish for a few years.

Comment

What an awesome looking guitar! These are easy to fall in love with

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                            That is beautiful. It is unusual to see a standard-spaced bridge pickup on a trem-equipped (trem-spaced) guitar.
                            Yeah are those the original pups? Could be a mistake.

Comment

The pic of the first 4 frets suggests it has fantastically low action?
                              That's the way I like 'em.
                              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
                              X