No announcement yet.

Prototype build on 30th anni soloist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prototype build on 30th anni soloist...

Am lucky enough to have acquired a used proto from the last 30th anni soloist... it didnt have a COA nor a hangtag but does anyone here know or have any info on the proto 30th anni soloist being a Shannon built ?

Could be wrong, but isn't there a short 3-4 minute video on Youtube that Mike Shannon does talking about the 30th?

Comment

There is yeah. He doesn't talk about proto or a 2 hum guitar though..
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

There were two or three of these two hums built, each a different color. Don't recall them being characterized as prototypes, though?

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
          There were two or three of these two hums built, each a different color. Don't recall them being characterized as prototypes, though?
          Yup sheddermon i been trying to catch a shannon build prototype since i missed the anniversary deal... a 2 hum anniversary proto is coming my way but am just still skeptical if its a shannon prototype cause i personally wanna getta shannon build soloist before knowing myself that i have gotten a true jackson guitar !

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
            You're not thinking of those from NAMM 10 years or so back are you Pat?
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Maybe. Doh!

Comment

Which prototype? Apparently, there were three. CMC Guitars had a black H/S/S proto with dot inlays back over the summer.
                A yellow H/H just showed up recently on ebay.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Which prototype? Apparently, there were three. CMC Guitars had a black H/S/S proto with dot inlays back over the summer.
                  A yellow H/H just showed up recently on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-2014-J...-/132439931057
                  Yup... toejam... i missed the cmc black prototype which has a rosewood and dot inlays and the three mini toggle switches

I kinda stunned and quickly seized the chance to get that yellow (thou not my color liking) but i think it be sweet as hell and has a two hum, blade switch and two knob controls....

Am just very interested to know did shannon also built these prototype ?

Comment

If there's no signature, then I guess the only way to find out would be to contact Jackson and ask them.

Comment

Just recieved it from my local DHL.... wow this piece is IMO a different animal from my standard USA soloist.

Like the same features of the 30th anniversary but only diff is it has a two hum, a 5 way selector and two knobs..

Its heavier in weight than my SL2H Mah.. and the tone is really amazing !! It has like very nice clear tone with abit scooped nice bites with chrips... very very different piece here and am sold on this...

No idea if jackson would reply to my enquires.. i got it used here from TMZ...no idea if i can source the first owner of this guitar here...

Comment

That's amazing! First time I think I've seen that control layout.

Comment

Looks great. Poplar body like the originals?

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                            That's amazing! First time I think I've seen that control layout.
                            Yeah its like the tone is brought up nearer to the volume... guess its the old school control layout..

Really like the thicker neck profile from 1 fret to 24th... and the old school heel there with the non recessed floyd !

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              Looks great. Poplar body like the originals?
                              Hopefully it is.. this guitar is damn heavy ! I guess it should also have a three piece center blank..

Comment

Working...
                              X