Custom Select orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Select orders

I'm thinking about doing a custom select Kelly. How do you usually pay for these? Do you pay it all up front? Do you pay half up front and the rest when guitar comes in? Also, how long does it usually take? I wanted to just buy a Kelly USA, but I can't find one in the color I want.

I dunno, usually 20% will get an order started, meaning you have 6-12 months before it shows up.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Pricing and deposit depends on the dealer - 10-20% usually works. Delivery times seem to be coming down for Custom Select, so figure 6 months..
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

When I did my custom select order, it was 50% down with my dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptNasty View Post
          When I did my custom select order, it was 50% down with my dealer.
          What dealer was this??

Comment

Well... that dealer is cash only

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
              What dealer was this??

I would probably ask the same thing if I were a dealer. People would be less willing to walk away from 50%.

Comment

What is the difference between Custom Select shop and Custom shop?

Comment

Originally posted by Temple of Doom View Post
                  What is the difference between Custom Select shop and Custom shop?
                  Custom Select limits the options you have to a set of stock options. Custom Shop you can go crazy. If you are willing to pay for it you can probably get it.

Custom Select is not really outrageously priced compared to a Select and you get to spec out a guitar according to your wishes and budget.

Comment

Custom Select is a pick and choose the most popular options mostly done by CNC operator.

Masterbuild is having one of a few experienced luthiers hand make the guitar.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                    X