Need info on Jackson USA vintage style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info on Jackson USA vintage style

I have what appears to be a pre 1992 Jackson USA custom shop model and I am trying to determine exactly what model. I purchased it in 1992. It has a standard head stock with Jackson USA on it. Dot inlays. Bolt on neck. Serial number on neck plate is 3330. H-S-S pickup configuration. Bridge pickup cover has Jackson logo. Floyd Rose licensed Jackson trem. Strat style body. Color is like a candy apple red. Single volume knob, no tone. 3 individual toggle switches.
    Closest I could find was in 1990 Jackson catalogue as “Vintage Style”, but those had custom paint jobs.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Would a jackson custom shop guitar really be any particular model? I mean basically it could be a dinky, a soloist, a rhoads, etc but features would be spec'd by the buyer and it wouldnt adhere to any catalogue model designation. Licensed FR on a usa jackson sounds fishy to me. Maybe the schaller possibly if 1990ish. Post a pic.

Comment

I wasn’t 100% certain if it was a custom but based on the SN of 3330 it would appear to be. As for the tremolo, I replaced it around 10 years ago. I was going from memory, which isn’t so good at almost 50. Unfortunately this thing tells me that I can’t post attachments or I would post a photo.
      I was curious about the estimated value. I have no plans of ever selling it because I still love that old thing, but I’m updating my insurance on my gear. I have it insured for $500 and have no clue if that’s too much or too little. I think I paid around $600-$700 for it new in ‘92. I did not order it. It was in the shop that way.

Comment

They were just called strats. And they go from 500 to 1000 depending on condition and stuff.

If you want to post photos you have to upload them to a hosting site first and link from there.

Comment

Working...
        X