Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90s usa jackson

Hey all,

I’m looking at getting a Jackson or Charvel and have scoured reverb. Anybody know anything about this?

i don’t know much about Jacksons. How does the seller even come up with that price. He doesnt seem to know much about it either

Looks like a strat body which would mean its from the 80s. It has the smaller electronics routing so it would be 86-87. Hard to tell much more from those pics. Other than its overpriced.

Comment

Definitely 80's and not 90's. That's hot! TM headstock, possibly an SD, can you get the S/N?

Comment

That's absolutely worth checking out.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

There are a few of these (5 or 6), these are from 1986. Some have a Charvel neckplate with late Charvel serial number and some have a Jackson neckplate with early Jackson serial number. Both versions have a Jackson TM Logo.
          The tremolo is probably not the original one, because the models I "know" originally came with a Kahler 2500 and each of them has been replaced for a Floyd Rose.
          Last edited by busdriver; 04-02-2018, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Jackson 4 digit neck plate.

Pic not clear enough to get serial number.
            Attached Files
            -Rick

Comment

Thanks guys. It is a sweet guitar for sure. I’ll see if he answers my serial request

Comment

Another sweet one

Comment

Guy responded with serial #1427.

Must be a 1986 out of San Dimas?

Comment

Originally posted by krabby5 View Post
                    Guy responded with serial #1427.

Must be a 1986 out of San Dimas?
                    Yep... last of the SD era guitars.
                    -Rick

Comment

This guitar was posted 2 years ago. I wonder what up? It’s not THAT over priced?

Comment

Originally posted by krabby5 View Post
                        This guitar was posted 2 years ago. I wonder what up? It’s not THAT over priced?
                        Green snake sold today. To answer your question, description basically just says plays great/sounds great, doesn't every guitar for sale say that? no mention of a case, no mention of the trem bar. In looking at the body pic, there could be damage to the body/paint next to the corner of the floyd where the trem bar goes in, the pickups aren't original, the headsock has a lot of weird circlular scratches, the truss rod cover isn't original (note that the cover is smaller than the two mounting screws near the floyd), the floyd thru-the-neck mounting screws are filled/plugged, the two screws holding the floyd to the neck are wrong. If I was contemplating on spending that much, I'd want a lot more description and a lot more & better pictures.

Comment

For me, personally, guitars with maple boards can look extremely odd depending on the headstock.
                          I can't go for black headstocks with maple boards, unless, maybe, it is a black guitar. Maple boards need maple headstocks, or possibly color matched to the body.

Oh, and the headstock was pointing the wrong way. But we all have our preferences.

Comment

yep the plugged floyd nut mounting bolt holes scares me.

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
                            Green snake sold today. To answer your question, description basically just says plays great/sounds great, doesn't every guitar for sale say that? no mention of a case, no mention of the trem bar. In looking at the body pic, there could be damage to the body/paint next to the corner of the floyd where the trem bar goes in, the pickups aren't original, the headsock has a lot of weird circlular scratches, the truss rod cover isn't original (note that the cover is smaller than the two mounting screws near the floyd), the floyd thru-the-neck mounting screws are filled/plugged, the two screws holding the floyd to the neck are wrong. If I was contemplating on spending that much, I'd want a lot more description and a lot more & better pictures.

Comment

I actually ended up buying it. I called the store and talked to the owner for awhile. The recessed area where the floyd sits was cut a little too large on the trem bar side. Other than that, the body is pretty fricken nice. No nicks or crazy scratches. The neck is perfect and plays like butter. I LOVE the neck pickup..whatever it is. I didn’t love the bridge too much until i raised it some. Sounds like a JB or something similar. The screws that hold the clamps down in the nut are stripped, but i had extras and threw them in. Overall I’m very happy with this 32 year old guitar! Definitely has some mojo. Did I Overpay? Maybe. But I’ve been looking for a long time for a 80s era Jackson/Charvel that had all the things i wanted.
                              thanks for all the replies too!

Comment

Working...
                              X