New to the JAckson world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the JAckson world

I just picked up my 1st Jackson rr1 usa Lightning sky guitar the other day. I been trying to do some research on the guitar. I have searched the Jackson page and not having to much luck as I am not sure of a few things. Was wondering if any of you Jackson pros could help me out with some info or websites to find my answers and info I may need further down the road.

My questions are:
    1.Serial number: U26188 doesn't seem to be on the Jackson page?
    2. What year is this guitar?
    3. what are the specs ?
    4. what is the original sales price?

Thanks

unfortunately Jackson's page hasn't been updated past 2001. So that's 18 year's worth of guitars that can't be dated.

Here's a thread for a U23xxx serial. It was estimated to be built around late 2011. Your guitar was built 2,500 guitars later. I'm not sure how many guitars Jackson turns over in a year, so couldn't estimate just when yours was built. There are guys here that track that stuff so hopefully they'll be along shortly.

Specs should be the same as the current RR1. Price should be similar as I don't believe there have been any significant price hikes in the last few years.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

The serial indicates a 2015 USA Select model...U2616x was June 2015.
      Specs should be maple neck thru with alder wings.

The confusing part is the Lightning Sky graphic has been a Custom order since around 2013. A Custom serial is Jxxxx.

That said, there are a number of explanations for this, so it's not an issue.

A street price ballpark for a new RR1 Lightning Sky should be in the $2500-3000 USD ballpark in my Canadian opinion. I may be corrected.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Welcome to the family!

According to the archived Jackson catalogs on the Jackson Guitars website (https://www.jacksonguitars.com/suppo...hived-catalogs), the RR1 designation debuted in 1996, and the guitar was distinguished from its predecessor by its Original Floyd Rose tremolo. (In 1995 and prior, it was still called the Rhoads Custom, with a JT590 tremolo.)

The specs for the RR1 have remained essentially changed since 1996, except nowadays the body wings are alder instead of poplar. Here are the current RR1 specs, which would match your 2015 model. https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/...gerboard-black
        Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 04-03-2018, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Thank you! I cant post any pics as I guess I'm still a newbie here and don't have those permissions yet. Mine is an original Floyd with upgraded emg 81's.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
            The serial indicates a 2015 USA Select model...U2616x was June 2015.
            Specs should be maple neck thru with alder wings.

The confusing part is the Lightning Sky graphic has been a Custom order since around 2013. A Custom serial is Jxxxx.

That said, there are a number of explanations for this, so it's not an issue.

A street price ballpark for a new RR1 Lightning Sky should be in the $2500-3000 USD ballpark in my Canadian opinion. I may be corrected.

Thank you! yeah the design is throwing me off as well. The original owner claims its a 2016. I can see all the specs from that year but I don't see the lightning Sky model for that year. I just wanna know what I got for sure.

Comment

To post photos, choose any free image hosting service (https://www.google.ca/search?newwind....0.tf-luIXsPVw). I personally enjoy https://imgur.com/. Upload your photos to your chosen service, copy the links that they generate for you, and paste them here on the JCF in your next reply.

Comment

Should be 2015.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
                X