Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson JJ Custom collectors item?

Hi,
    OK so... I have a black Jackson JJ Custom (U.S.A.) the Scott Ian signature that was released 1994-95 the year before the JJ1 and later JJ2 were released (mine is exactly as Scott's in the picture below). I bought it 1994 as new so I am the only owner. It's still like new. Now... I have decided to sell it but the tricky part is that I am a Swede and in Sweden they don't see the collectors value of this guitar. I have seen the JJ1's and JJ2's on Ebay go for about $2600. But those can't be as rare as my original JJ, or? I need your help you Jackson pros, how should I think? Is this a collectors item or not according to your expertise? Do you know where I can find collectors that might be interested?

Thankful for any help.

Best regards,
    Peppe

Check Reverb and see what they are going for. If Reverb doesnt have any listings do a Google search and see old Reverb listings to see what they sold for.
    I have friends in Dalsgard. Nice place

Comment

Originally posted by PeppeM View Post
      I have seen the JJ1's and JJ2's on Ebay go for about $2600.
      Are you sure about this? I've seen JJ2s being listed for $ 1000+++ but I don't think they sell.

I just checked completed listings on eBay and non of the recent listings sold.

Comment

AFAIK, usa JJ sells less than 1000e in Germany

Comment

Originally posted by BK View Post
          Are you sure about this? I've seen JJ2s being listed for $ 1000+++ but I don't think they sell.

I just checked completed listings on eBay and non of the recent listings sold.
          I agree - I see them pretty regularly listed for that and even less. There's a sunburst JJ2 that looks like it's in really nice shape for only $850 right now.

Comment

I picked one up for arount £350 a couple of years ago. They are great guitars but they have a fairly limited market...I think anyway.
            Power chords...what more do you need?!

Comment

Working...
            X