Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for info 1997 Jackson DK1

Greetings!

I have(according to the serial number) a 1997 USA Jackson DK1. The body is consistent with the DK1, the neck however is definitely a 1997 SDK1. It is solid Maple with no ebony fingerboard and the head is shaped like a diamond.

Can anyone give me some insight to this? I found photos of my exact guitar(matched serial number) on a site where the posting person was banned. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=44357 is the link to the site, it is the grey guitar. I blew up the serial number photo and it was my guitar. That was a surprising moment.

I wrote to Jackson and they said that when Fender bought them, the received no historic documentation pre 2003. A big miss on their part!

I would be forever grateful if someone could give me any information. Thanks!

Welcome. Seems exactly like you said; a DK1 body with SDK1 neck.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The serial is for '96. It could belong to the neck or body since both models were available in '96.

It seems clear that someone decided to make an expensive mutt for some reason. The neck heel and neck pocket should have markings that may contain dates.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Those pics look familiar. The chair on the porch with that grey brick. Its a member here. I dont recall the username. He fixed and restored lots of guitars and resold them. Building that mutt seems right up his alley.

Edit: Possibly coloradoman25? Could be one of his creations. Here is what I believe to be one of his pics. Chair and brick look familiar.

Last edited by Carbuff; 04-11-2018, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Yeah, most likely from Coloradoman Chris. He does have some kind of bass boat business.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

He mentions it is a mutt in his description, USA SDK-1 neck and serial number going with the neck on a USA DK-1 body, that's kinda all the info needed.

Comment

Working...
            X