Help ID 1998 Neck Thru USA Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ID 1998 Neck Thru USA Jackson

Greetings! New member here. I just picked up several Jacksons in an estate sale deal. Most are MIJ models, but this one is a neck thru USA. I've done my best to research this model, with no success.

I've attached a few photos. Has a German Floyd, what appears to be a Pearly Gates bridge pup, and a 59 neck. Dot inlays appear to be real abalone or mother of pearl. The finish is a metallic black.

It's a really nice guitar, but I know ZERO about Jacksons. Being a member of several other guitar forums, I know that this type of post can be annoying, so I really appreciate any help. I want to get these listed on eBay ASAP, but I don't want to provide any false info. Thanks in advance. Greatly appreciated.

Student soloist
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
      Student soloist
      A really late one at that... Mid 90's?
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Just now noticed it has 22 frets. The serial number looks odd to me like someone would have tampered with it.

Comment

https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/67...tudent-Soloist

No solid conclusions here, but thought seemed to be 22 fretter because of the neck route.

Interesting axe. Not common, but that wouldn’t necessarily make it more valuable. 22 frets may kill it for some.

I’d put it up for $1000 min and see what happens. Be sure to add the link to this thread so people can see JCF isn’t screaming FAKE!

Comment

Oh so its a small run.

Well in that case my statement about the serial is moot. I have seen lots of the Jackson serials to be very random some are more together and some cover the whole width oif the neck. I wonder if they stamp each number separately or if they have a machine for the whole number sequence.

Comment

Serial number looks fine, all digits are stamped individually. It's a 1998.

Comment

Hey, is there any way you can get a direct on-square shot of the body from the front so I can use it as a reference for body shape?

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                  Hey, is there any way you can get a direct on-square shot of the body from the front so I can use it as a reference for body shape?
                  Sure. I'll try to get a shot later today.

Comment

Thanks for all of the feedback. I cleaned her up last night and did a restring and setup. It's actually a really nice guitar... I've never had a proper Jackson in my hands.

Comment

Originally posted by jstarr823 View Post
                      Sure. I'll try to get a shot later today.
                      That would be absolutely amazing! Not to sound demanding or anything but I'd prefer slightly overexposed, don't care about minor reflections or anything. Pretty much full body shot head-on, from a distance so there isn't much lens distortion. Sorry to be so specific, trying to use it as a comparison for nuanced body shapes and it looks like you're quite competent with your camera. This is the specific angle I need to compare against.

Last edited by xenophobe; 04-14-2018, 03:27 PM.

Comment

It’s late... this is the best I can do at the moment. Hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                          I’d put it up for $1000 min and see what happens.
                          Cool. I was hoping to clear $800 for the guitar and case. It sounds like that might be doable.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                            A really late one at that... Mid 90's?
                            Didn't notice that lol
                            Didn't notice that it also only has 22 frets either.
                            I'm going to hazard a guess here and go with a non logo CS?
                            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                              Didn't notice that lol
                              Didn't notice that it also only has 22 frets either.
                              I'm going to hazard a guess here and go with a non logo CS?
                              Seems to be a rare bird. I have yet to find another example like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X