No announcement yet.

NGD - Finally!! - Custom Select Dinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Various control layouts - including volume knob only - are definitely an option on custom select orders. Check em out on the Jackson website.

Comment

Build time quote in September 2017 was 4 months, but the old Jackson rep parted ways with the company before he finalized the order so the guitar never got built. In January of this year the new rep found the order and got it moving. The quote again was 4 months and was spot on.

The Custom Select order form had options for “Volume Only”, “Volume Placed 1/2 inch Back” and “Mini Kill Switch”. There was also an option for “Other Custom Control Placement” with an MSRP of $300. So based on my experience Custom control placement is within the Custom Select wheelhouse, but outside of a couple of standard options you will pay through the nose for it.
      Last edited by CaptNasty; 06-15-2018, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptNasty View Post
        Build time quote in September 2017 was 4 months, but the old Jackson rep parted ways with the company before he finalized the order so the guitar never got built. In January of this year the new rep found the order and got it moving. The quote again was 4 months and was spot on.

The Custom Select order form had options for “Volume Only”, “Volume Placed 1/2 inch Back” and “Mini Kill Switch”. There was also an option for “Other Custom Control Placement” with an MSRP of $300. So based on my experience Custom control placement is within the Custom Select wheelhouse, but outside of a couple of standard options you will pay through the nose for it.
        Gotcha. Yeah, I was able to move the controls a half inch back, but that was the only option on the form back in 2014 when I ordered my soloist. I wanted the Broderick layout, minus the kill switch but they told me "no" on an SL2H. It seems there are some more options now, not sure if it's worth $300 though.

Sucks that your order got lost, but at least they were timely otherwise. I waited 9 months in 2014-2015.

Comment

Originally posted by groverj3 View Post
          Gotcha. Yeah, I was able to move the controls a half inch back, but that was the only option on the form back in 2014 when I ordered my soloist. I wanted the Broderick layout, minus the kill switch but they told me "no" on an SL2H. It seems there are some more options now, not sure if it's worth $300 though.

Sucks that your order got lost, but at least they were timely otherwise. I waited 9 months in 2014-2015.
          The issue with the Broderick layout on the Soloist may have been due to the control cavity route. Could also be that the particular control layout was protected by the contract they had with Broderick for the Artist Signature model.

Comment

Nice piece of art!

Comment

Very nice!Love the logo.Gives me hope I'll see my SL2H soon as I ordered in Sep as well,but was quoted an 8-10 month build time.Matt's said June/July.I'm already anxious,and seeing yours just gets me more excited.Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by jamey View Post
                Very nice!Love the logo.Gives me hope I'll see my SL2H soon as I ordered in Sep as well,but was quoted an 8-10 month build time.Matt's said June/July.I'm already anxious,and seeing yours just gets me more excited.Enjoy!
                What are the specs on your build?

Comment

Wow. super cool!!

Comment

Beautiful Ax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Outlined abalone is pure win. Great specs!
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptNasty View Post
                        What are the specs on your build?
                        SL2H,Floyd,Ebony board no markers,JB/Jazz direct mount,reverse pointy,single volume,controls back 1/2",oiled neck,Trans black front and back,no opaque black anywhere hopefully,matching headstock with abalone logo.Really like the looks of the logo on yours.Hope mine is as nice!

Comment

Originally posted by jamey View Post
                          SL2H,Floyd,Ebony board no markers,JB/Jazz direct mount,reverse pointy,single volume,controls back 1/2",oiled neck,Trans black front and back,no opaque black anywhere hopefully,matching headstock with abalone logo.Really like the looks of the logo on yours.Hope mine is as nice!
                          That is going to be a really nice guitar. Be sure to post your NGD thread when you get it.

Comment

Working...
                          X