Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unidentified Jackson I Used TO Own!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unidentified Jackson I Used TO Own!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!

Help, people. In 1986 I bought a 'Black Cherry' Jackson (NOT Charvel) guitar. 24 frets. Neck through. Dual humbuckers. Superswitch. Tone and volume. It was wasily the nicest guitar I have eve owned (and I have owned hundreds). I was told it was a 'Model 5' by the guy at the store I bought it from in Decatur, Illinois. When I was in the Army my dad sold the guitar thinking it wasn't worth much (boy was he wrong).. .. . I'm pretty sure I paid around $1,500 for it with the 'deluxe case'. I would sure like to hunt one down but when I search model 5 all I ever see is Charvel stuff. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

Erich

Oh..... It had a superb Kahler not a Floyd......

Comment

Model 5 was an import Charvel. Sounds like you had a Student Soloist (assuming it also had dot inlays like an M5). They weren't a production guitar as such, because Jackson weren't making a production line yet. But since you bought it from floor stock, it may have been built for the guitar store.

So you don't really have a model name to search for. Look for two hum Soloists with Kahler trems. Mini-toggles were popular at the time, but ones with blade selectors are out there
      Hail yesterday

Comment

OP,

Your description sounds a lot like a 1986 Model 5 as mentioned. Google up some images and I'm sure you will see a Black Cherry that would be similar to what you are describing.

Comment

Sounds like a Student model Jackson Soloist.

Comment

Working...
          X