Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me ID this very interesting guitar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me ID this very interesting guitar!

I came across this guitar recently and would like to know more about it.

It appears to be a one off. I am trying to sell it and trying to figure out how to best describe it.

This is what I have so far...

- It is a 1988 "strat"
    - Maple fretboard
    - Fretboard and neck binding
    - San Dimas neckplate (built in Ontario I'm assuming)
    - "Dokken Bengal" finish
    - Reverse headstock
    - Original 80's (JT6) Floyd Rose bridge with locking nut installed (original?) above nylon nut
    - Old style Jackson logo on the headstock in waterslide (under finish)
    - 1 EMG humbucker
    - George Lynch signature on guitar body and QC tag

I noticed that a guy (Mr. Lizardman) posted about this guitar on this forum in 2007. I just wanted to know, if at all possible, that this guitar is original and if it may be sought after and if there is any connection between George Lynch and Jackson that I don't know about or if somebody called Jackson and ordered this guitar in "Dokken Bengal" finish just because. Would there not be some kind of trademark issue? Jackson now calls the finish, among other things, "Yellow Bengal".

Any information at all would be awesome. Feel free to correct me on anything or add to my findings.

-MGRFOCO

Last edited by MGRFOCO; 07-10-2018, 02:37 PM.

Thanks for the advice with pictures
    Last edited by MGRFOCO; 07-11-2018, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Choose a free image hosting service (https://www.google.ca/search?num=100....0.0OJXjo7RqVg), upload the photos there, and then copy-paste the photo links here. I prefer www.imgur.com as my photo host. I do not recommend choosing Photobucket.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
        link to your pictures

Comment

This one seems to be doing the rounds at the moment eh?
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

https://www.musicgoround.com/p/97457...-dokken-bengal
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

... I was wrong, my apologies. You do sound like a really decent guy.
              Last edited by xenophobe; 07-10-2018, 11:23 PM.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

What's an EMG J96?
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

This is neither what I paid for it nor my agreement with the person that we must have in common. Sorry this is your take away. If you know her, ask her.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                    Well, I'll tell you that you paid $1200 for it and took advantage of a grieving widow and now it's listed for $3499, I didn't know MusicGoRound was that douchey, Brandon. Or maybe that's just you.
                    This is neither what I paid for the guitar nor my agreement with her. Sorry that was your take away. If you know her ask her.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      What's an EMG J96?
                      I believe it was originally a J90. It is now an EMG.

Comment

Originally posted by MGRFOCO View Post
                        This is neither what I paid for the guitar nor my agreement with her. Sorry that was your take away. If you know her ask her.
                        Well, what did you pay for it? We've seen this guitar on Facebook. You, obviously, work for MusicGoRound with your email address in the system as [email protected]

Also, trying to sell it here in this section is against forum rules which you should have read before hitting the agree button when signing up. There's a paid Classifieds section here for that.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well, what did you pay for it? We've seen this guitar on Facebook. You, obviously, work for MusicGoRound with your email address in the system as [email protected]

Also, trying to sell it here in this section is against forum rules which you should have read before hitting the agree button when signing up. There's a paid Classifieds section here for that.
                          I obviously work for Music Go Round, don't know why you think I'm trying to hide that...

This is my first time posting in a forum and you are right, I will omit the last line from my original post, my apologies.
                          Last edited by MGRFOCO; 07-11-2018, 10:41 AM.

Comment

I'm new to forums, I didn't wait long enough to see my post. Sorry for being impatient.
                            Last edited by MGRFOCO; 07-11-2018, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Last edited by xenophobe; 07-10-2018, 11:23 PM.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X