Need info on this Jackson Thruneck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info on this Jackson Thruneck

Looking to purchase this Jackson guitar from a friend of a friend.
    Here's two pictures I took of the guitar and serial number.
    https://imgur.com/a/jAnS1eE
    It says made in U.S.A on headstock and it is a Thruneck.
    The Jackson serial number lookup for thrunecks all seem to have UOxxxx where x is a number series. Couldn't find anything on Uxxxxx serials.
    I would really appreciate any info, but mainly looking for year, model and value.

Thanks

It's just numeric: the 0 was just there until they got beyond U09999 - from U10000 it's gone. That's a USA Select SL2H in black ghost flames..
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Early 2000's USA SL2H.

Comment

Finish is called Black Ghost Flames. I never knew why they didn't call it what it is, Purple Ghost Flames. Regardless, it's an awesome finish.

If you're looking for a "deal price", aim for USD$1000 or less. USD$1300-1400 would be a "fair price" that wouldn't burn any bridges in this friend-of-a-friendship.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
          Finish is called Black Ghost Flames. I never knew why they didn't call it what it is, Purple Ghost Flames.
          I believe the color in the name actually corresponds to the base color of the guitar, not the color of the flames. Think more like “red with ghost flames”, “blue with ghost flames”, etc. On a standard production graphic, there isn’t much color to the flames themselves, which are somewhat transparent and then show through to the base color. Hence, transparent red flames on a red base, blue flames on a blue base, etc. So black ghost flames is the only exception to the rule - purple flames on a black base. But they kept the naming convention - black with ghost flames.

Of course, you can do anything with a custom shop order, so there are other exceptions out there. I have a RGF on a black base, for example, that I ordered many years ago. Dan Lawrence rules, BTW - he did a killer job with it.

Comment

Serial looks like early 2003.

I have U118xx on my list at November 2002 and U120xx/March '03.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I could never dig all these dark ghost flames Need brighter colours.

Comment

Originally posted by Yash View Post
                I could never dig all these dark ghost flames Need brighter colours.
                Says the man who just bought a non-more-black KV1.

Comment

+1

Comment

It's black pearl!! I'd like more natural looking flames, that's it haha

Comment

Awesome! Honestly thanks for all the info

Comment

Working...
                      X