Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Custom Shop Explorer Bass 1989 - New Member

Hello!

I would like to get your help for identifying the origin of this bass. I managed to track it down so far that it might be made in Toronto in 1989. Nevertheless the bass was ordered by finnish thrash metal band and then after two owners I bought it in 2011. The serial number is 6435. It is in quite good condition, with some vintage marks and the bass can be seen on live footage videos (Monsters of Rock etc.).

I am now thinking about selling it, but I do not know the real value of these. What do you think?

-Raippa

That serial would put as a custom shop made on Ontario California (not Ontario Canada). There's a sticky post that details how to post pics, so if you can get that working, it'll be easier to get you more info..
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks for your fast reply. I feel like a fool that I didn't know it was Ontario, California This is the only picture I have ATM, I can take more pictures when I get home.

I also have the original hard case.

Comment

Originally posted by Raippa View Post
        Hello!

I would like to get your help for identifying the origin of this bass. I managed to track it down so far that it might be made in Toronto in 1989. Nevertheless the bass was ordered by finnish thrash metal band and then after two owners I bought it in 2011. The serial number is 6435. It is in quite good condition, with some vintage marks and the bass can be seen on live footage videos (Monsters of Rock etc.).

I am now thinking about selling it, but I do not know the real value of these. What do you think?

-Raippa
        Another finn says hi and welcome! Really cool bass and don't remember ever seen that one. Which band was it? A lot of Jacksons were ordered
        and shipped to Finland in the late 80's not least by STONE's influence.

Comment

Thank you a lot! I somehow knew there would be at least some active finns over here It was ordered by a band called A.R.G. There were actually lots of these kinds of Custom Shops ordered back in the day, as far I am concerned, so you are propably right

Comment

Is it a bolt on, or is there a 'J' in front of the serial number?
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
              Is it a bolt on, or is there a 'J' in front of the serial number?
              It is a bolt on and there is no 'J' in front of the serial number. The plate says "P.O. Box 245, San Dimas, CA, 91773, U.S.A."

Comment

Originally posted by Raippa View Post
                Thank you a lot! I somehow knew there would be at least some active finns over here It was ordered by a band called A.R.G. There were actually lots of these kinds of Custom Shops ordered back in the day, as far I am concerned, so you are propably right
                I know that band. Never seen them live tho. Super cool custom Jackson!

Comment

Working...
                X