No announcement yet.

1991 USA Soloist locking tremolo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to use the Schaller saddles with the short bolts on the OFR base plate? Instead of just replacing the bolts, use both from the Schaller essentially.

Neat finish btw.

Comment

Damn... I like the fully recessed tremolo feel on my struming hand, and the string height for that hand..

Comment

Originally posted by EntrailsOfU View Post
        Is it possible to use the Schaller saddles with the short bolts on the OFR base plate? Instead of just replacing the bolts, use both from the Schaller essentially.
        I wish. The issue pointed out to me above was that the gaps in the baseplate where the six locking screws go through the baseplate are too narrow on the OFR baseplate, and that the short/fat Schaller screws won't fit through them.

Comment

There are a lot of places that sell allen head screws....Ace hardware, gogle fastners, fastenal, McMaster Carr etc.... if its just the the screws being too long thats an easy fix.....
          A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            That's actually a top-mounted trem, meaning not recessed into the body (and the neck is tilted back more just like with a normal non-recessed trem), but it's a got a pull-up route behind it.

I believe they did those pull-up routes in 1989, not sure how much longer after.

It almost looks like an aftermarket mod, the edges don't appear to routed very tidy (especially above the low E side)
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I believe the Schaller JT-590 is the same as was used on old Hamers like on my Diablo. I think they call them a Floyd 2? I never really cared for them. I can see the concept but they should have been better made. The shorter pins are fine but the metal seams cheaper. Hopefully the new ones are better.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                It almost looks like an aftermarket mod, the edges don't appear to routed very tidy (especially above the low E side)
                Yeah, it's kinda hard to tell if it's routing or a bit of a shadow.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                X