Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirrored logo custom shop 1992

Hi guys.

Looking for any info on this Jackson, that I aquired in a trade.

The serialnumber tells me it's a "other custom neck through's" made in Ontario in 1992, but it would be cool to know more, as I've never seen the mirrored logo before.

The tremolo system is made by Kahler, and the guitar plays and sounds AWESOME!

Cheers from Denmark

Originally posted by haervaerk View Post
    Welcome to the forum. That logo has been done before. Robbin Crosby of Ratt had a lot of his guitars that way.

Also, your locking nut pads are facing the wrong way. They should be turned vertical and not horizontal.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Great score! I guess the previous owner didn't play up the neck much?

Comment

Very cool guitar man - My initial thought was that trem was swapped in afterward, but from the pic it looks like the rout is shaped around it, so maybe it is factory (or the guitar has undergone some work). As Joe said, the logo has been done before, but they're pretty rare.
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Looking to sell it btw - I’m more of a gibson Girl myself (sorry). What would be a fair price?

Comment

Originally posted by haervaerk View Post
            Looking for any info on this Jackson, that I aquired in a trade.
            What did you trade away to get this awesome noskcaJ?

Comment

Im a tattoo artist so traded the guitar for a tattoo

Comment

I don't know anything about pricing for tattoos, but when you say you received the guitar for "a tattoo" (singular), that must be one heck of a tattoo because you were basically paid at least USD$1000 for your work.

In North America, USD$1000 is a good starting price for a USA Jackson guitar, and a good deal for a buyer, but you as the seller stand a good chance to fetch more money than this due to the custom nature of your guitar, and possibly more given that Europe's pricing can be higher than North America.

If in doubt, list it on eBay with a low starting price and an impossibly high reserve price. Where the pricing ends up at the end would be an indicator of what the market is willing to pay for it.

Comment

Keith Richards owned it!

Cool gitbox. NOT a fan of Kahler Floyds though! Yuck.
                  www.vvforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by shramiac View Post
                    Keith Richards owned it!

Cool gitbox. NOT a fan of Kahler Floyds though! Yuck.
                    Can we please not call them "Kahler Floyds"?

Comment

pretty unique with the kahler 2710 killer. never seen one on a jackson. high quality trem.
                      very cool, besides the logo. the pickup is also mounted upside down.

Comment

Kahler Killer is an awesome trem. Huge chunk of steel makes any guitar play with big balls.

Comment

Cool.
                          Too bad it wasn't local.
                          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Fus_Pro View Post
                            the pickup is also mounted upside down.
                            That must be part of the backwards/mirrored/wonky theme of the guitar.

Comment

Working...
                            X