Strange Serial Number on a soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Serial Number on a soloist

I've been looking at an SL2H in a local store here in Boston and I can't figure out this serial # U10060.
    It's a blue ghost flames finish on a black body. looks sweet and is in great shape. It looks about 5-7 years old but it's hard to tell, may be even older.
    Any one have an idea on this #? Misprint maybe? and if so how would I ever find out the year it was made?
    thanks
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Re: Strange Serial Number on a soloist

No...it is not a misprint.....when Jackson started the new serial numbering system, they designated "U" as neckthrough and made in Ontario CA vice San Dimas, and they went "U0XXXX" etc.

I had a 99' SL-1 that was U07414, so it is definitely made after my 99' was.

Comment

I've got a 2001 SL2H so initially I thought that this one was probably newer that what the last numbers are on the site, but no way this guitar is only 1 or 2 years old. it looks more like it's 5- 7 years old. it is is that new the previous owner must have lived right on the beach, there is oxidation on the floyd(did I say that right?) and it just looks aged. Kick ass guitar no matter how old it is but I'm still confused on this one.

Comment

2001 Ontario UO8970-

That is from the USA Serial Chart..it hasn't been updated for a while I don't think, but they are definitely over the UO10XXX range now, and that was probably at the earliest around late 2001 or early 2002ish in my estimate.

As to the corrosion, it could be that he lived near a coastal area with a lot of oxidants in the air.

Comment

There are plenty of instances of where the wrong thing was stamped in the board.
          Anything is possible.
          See if you can track down the original owner if you are really interested in it.
          You'd be surprised how helpful people can be.

Comment

Nothing at all unusual about that number! It's a standard USA Production of recent vintage. The U serials begain the spring of 1990 on USA Production neck throughs and have been in place ever since then. U0 lasted until around 2000 and then the U1 series was reached. Nothing unusual, it's been the same for at least 14 years...
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Maybe the previous owner was trying to <font color="orange"> RELIC </font> the guitar... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a KV2 with U10028 made 8/2/01 and I live on the New Jersey coast. I have to make sure that I keep them all clean or they will start to oxidize on the frets and bridges mostly.

[image]http://www.networkconnectivity.biz/metal.php[/image]

Comment

Yep, nothing unusual, I have an SL2H-MAH from dec. 2003 with serial U13313.

Comment

I guess it could be after 2001, but man, this thing looks like it's been around for a few years. Not beat up, actually in mint condition, but mySL2H is a 2001, and it looks and feels brand new, this thing could be a year newer than mine and it looks and feels like it's been around, you know that really broken in feel. The previous owner must have played the **** out of it when he owned it. I don't know......

Comment

Working...
                    X