My candidate for the next GOTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My candidate for the next GOTM

USA Jackson Star in the original Shattered Glass, rosewood board with <font color="yellow"> MOP PYRAMID INLAYS </font> , EMG, and Schaller.

Was originally a v-trem, then may have had a Kahler nut (notched truss rod cover, strange platform shim under the nut).

Jackson-logoed gold tuners and one black Japanese-made tuner (no logo, looks just like the Jacksons). Reverse headstock, 22 frets in great shape, old-school Floyd posts (Charvel Model series), and some serious chips in the paint all over.

San Dimas route with metal cover, white "TM" logo, with Made In USA after the N (as common on reverse heads, even SD heads), and a beautiful acoustic tone. Gotta restring it before I plug it in [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Possible added Tone knob.

No markings on the neck heel, something in the pocket that looks like "STL" (code for Shattered Glass). Ontario-address production-model plate with serial # 000316. Strap pin in top center of neckplate with no platform for it (as seen on most other Stars and Explorers).

Could be factory mods, maybe not.

More pics coming tomorrow (gotta work tonight [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: My candidate for the next GOTM

Very cool Newc, where did you dig that up at??

Adrian
    All hail the 'King'
    R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

You sniper you! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] That shatter looks really nice. Good score!
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

So, any numbers on how many Pyramid inlay necks were done? I saw them in the Generator as an option, but have never seen them for real until now. Interesting.

Newc

Comment

Sweet ass score Newc!!

Comment

oh yeah, hella sweet! props, bro! and that one black tuner's pretty sexy, lol.

na seriously, its got a rory gallagher thing about it.

Comment

cool star [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] i'm starting to reallllllly get GAS for one. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

ewww... pyramid just dont look right on a Jackson IMO

Comment

Man, get that sucker back together and shoot me a price!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Newc, that is a KILLER guitar. Great score. Truly a worthy follow up to my Charvel prepro Star.

Come on now...tell us the story about how you backdoored it. What did you do...ask for pics or a description or something? And then what did it take for the newbie to end his auction early? Remember, you're among friends here...

Comment

Ok Newc, slowly back away from the star and put down the spray can... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]oke: Send that guitar to GMW for a (REAL) refin. Please..... That is schweeet... Nice score bro! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

This is by far the best guitar of the year so far....finally something totally new....you are a stud. Hardly ever see a Jackson star and have never seen one in that finish. If Brett doesn't want it, I would take it.

Comment

i love the paintjob...matches my strathead...d.m.
                            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Sweet ass score Newc!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's just focus on the guitar, shall we? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

That's about the nicest shattered glass I've seen. It would indeed make a great companion to d.m's
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X