?? About reverse-headstock Soloists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?? About reverse-headstock Soloists

<font color="yellow"> Hey....does anybody know how many (or approximately) reverse headstock Soloist's were made??

I've heard they are "rare", but I was just curious if anybody knew.

Thanks.</font>

Re: ?? About reverse-headstock Soloists

I wouldn't call them rare. It's an option on the custom shop form, and IIRC, it's a free option, or like $60. I ordered a reversed head on my new archtop 7 string.

Brett

Comment

<font color="yellow">Brett, thanks for the reply.

OK, maybe you or somebody else could answer this. Were there ever any production model Soloists with this as a standard feature [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

My only reasoning for saying they were "rare" is that I think this was a custom option only on the Soloist, thus making it fairly rare in the fact that the person ordering the guitar would have to have had to specify reverse headstock.

Joe Corsano has the "twin" to my reverse head, but his is a 2 hum whereas mine is a H-S-S configuration but is in the platinum white diamondflake finish.

The cool thing is that I got a copy of the order/build sheet and it was ordered from Music Alley in TN in 87' which isn't too far away from where Mrs LPC is from [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anybody else have any insight [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] or comments [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

No production Soloists with rev head. I tried to convince Kevin E a million times to make a production rev head Soloist. But no luck. lol
        We must!
        We must!
        We must increase the bust!
        The bigger the better!
        The tighter the sweater!
        The boys are counting on us!

Comment

I'm sure there are more than several hundred... but probably not more than that. I've only seen a few dozen, and they don't come up on ebay so much, so I'd be willing to make a complete random guess and say perhaps as little as 200 and maybe as many as 500... but I doubt that there are really any more than that.

Just an off the wall assumption...
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Interesting question.

I own 3 reverse head Soloists &amp; have seen under 3 dozen total. Even in the Ebay age where you would expect to see more than a few a year...you don't.

I think Xeno is a little high with his estimate but not too far off.

My own educated guess is around 150 total....I can say that with a 90% certainty, having been actively buying/selling/trading since 1984.
            Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

I have seen a few and most were from the '87-90 era. I have a '92 with a reverse head.

Comment

Curt! Glad to see you posting with the situation in CA dude. I'll call you today.

Maybe I was way wrong on my guess? Thinking about it now, I've only got like 3 Soloist style guitars with reversed heads.

Brett

Comment

<font color="yellow">Hey, thanks for the responses. It is appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Working...
                  X