Cool Old USA Archtop Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Old USA Archtop Soloist

Check this thing out. A broker called me with this, with poor pictures, and I took a chance. This thing is as thick as a Les Paul and weighs about as much (I'm betting solid maple). The neck is meaty like the JCF RR. It even came with a special Jackson logo'd case that allows for the thickness. Total custom - I'm impressed again.

Re: Cool Old USA Archtop Soloist

Beautiful guitar! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

How does it sound?
    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Nice Brett!

Comment

Nice.[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
        Too bad it's black. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice. There was one just like that on eBay not too long ago. That ad said it was dark grey, almost black. Same options. Reverse head and sharkies with no binding. How many of those do you think are around!!!

Sweet score Brett!

Jim
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Sweet [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Very sweet.
              I love the reversed headstock with the reversed inlays

Congrats!

Comment

It's awesome, Brett! Definitely a keeper. Congrats once again on another fine guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

How does it sound?

Comment

Nice.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      How does it sound?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably like crap. I bet it plays like crap as well [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sorry, just bustin yer balls a bit, but ya gotta admit it's kinda whacked to ask how a USA Jackson sounds (or plays) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      It sounds like Brett, and it'd sound like Vai if Vai played it, or Slash if Slash played it [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Congrats on the find, Brett [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Actually, its one of the best sounding guitars I own. Think of Lynch's tone - very bright, with harmonics all over the neck. Even the single coils sound great. I prefer solid maple guitars (regardless of the weight), and all my parts guitars are solid maple.

I'm very happy with this guitar. As for how many were made - I would guess one. Everything is custom on this guitar.

Brett

Comment

Sweet. Don't see them like that every day. The only other rev head arch top I recall is that amber quilt top one that fedex destroyed on Newc. What year is that Brett? Looks to be around an 89 or 90.
                          We must!
                          We must!
                          We must increase the bust!
                          The bigger the better!
                          The tighter the sweater!
                          The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Now now, they didn't destroy it (maybe resale-wise) they just split the nose. The rest was perfect [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And that was also the only Archtop I ever saw with fins - all the others had dots [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]uke:

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That is nice, it just looks nekkid without the binding. The thick neck is not so bad either, I have been playing my JCF RR with the fat neck quite often these days.
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X