• Show
Clear All

Re: Cool Old USA Archtop Soloist

Sweeeet! I love archtops. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Looks sweet!
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

It's a 1990 model.

Comment

Very nice guitar, Brett. I really like the reverse sharkfins and headstock. As for the all-maple tone, I'm not surprised that it's more like Lynch's sound with all of the brightness and harmonics.

You are a lucky guy - enjoy it. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Out of curiosity, does it have a "J" or a "JA" serial?

Comment

Cool guitar. Has anyone ever seen a 24th fret sharkie inlay on a Jackson neck? Is the width the reason they aren't put in? Will the custom shop do it?

Comment

I've seen plenty of 24th fret sharkfins. They exist in the JCF Custom Shop Generator. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, you're right NOTP. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I think it would look great though if Jackson did that.

Comment

This is the one that was on eBay that I offered to backdoor, the guy gave me a price and then sold it for a higher offer before I could reply. I'm glad it went to somebody here at least. especially a true collector like Brett. Nice ax!

Jim

original thread
                    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Original thread doesn't work, Sambencuda. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Also, I'm guessing Brett immediately shot the seller an offer with a price rather than waiting for a reply. Nice strategy. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

this works!

Sorry about that. He said he got a call from a broker though. I made the guy an offer, he counter offered, I replied with yes and he said it was already gone. No biggie though. Backdooring is never a done deal until the guy gets your payment. I don't feel bad that it went to a higher offer. Like I said, at least it went to Brett. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Jim

Comment

You're being very mature about this, understanding the whole backdooring game and all. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Wonder if you can put in "deposits" when backdooring. Let's say the final value of a guitar is $1000 in your mind. Could you send an immediate e-mail with a 50% deposit ($500) stating that you WILL buy the guitar?

...I can't believe I've never actually thought about backdoor deposits before.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            ...I can't believe I've never actually thought about backdoor deposits before.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">There's a set of words that don't belong together! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Nice axe Brett!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Backdooring is a game and there is really no guarantee when you do it. Hey, the guy could have held it until he heard from me, but he didn't. I didn't have any deposit or money on it so it is what it is. Remember the Kelly that Brett almost got screwed on? It's a gamble when you backdoor, no two ways about it. It's sweet when it works out, but it sucks when it goes bad.

As far as deposit on a backdoor? I would say, only if it was a music store, but even that isn't a guarantee.

This ax is way cool and I would have liked it, but look at it this way, if I did score it, I wouldn't have been able to buy Toru's 87 Arch top which is my new number one player.

Everything happens for a reason.

Enough of my BS. Nice arch top Brett.

Jim

Comment

Seriously cool score Brett!
                                First one I've ever seen with reverse fins.

I've said it before, the original Archtops are the best guitars Jackson ever made.

Comment

Working...
                                X