Price increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price increase

Dammit, what is Fender thinking? I've been 100% in support of their taking over the company, I'm happy just to have an actual guitar company own the Jackson line rather than some Japanese electronics company, and when they brought in MAP I always yelled at the people who said "why have Fender raised the prices?!?", but now I'm the one askiing. Why, Fender, Why?

I'm kinda going on the assumption that this is a known thing, but if it's not I just got an email from Scott at VWall Guitars and he said there's going to be a 15% price increase at the end of the month.

Andy Oliphant
    The Thirteenth Hour

Re: Price increase

15%!?
    wow, that is a lot.
    But when was the last time they increased the list price?
    2-3years ago?
    I knew it would happen so I ordered my Jackson before raising the list price up.

Comment

I truly hope Jackson isn't thinking of matching prices with PRS and Gibson in the vain hope that some idiots with more money than brains will equate high prices with better quality - like they did in the 80s [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

That led to the sale to Akai.

Oh well, looks like the Used Market Values just went up [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Looks like I better order another custom shop ASAP.

Brett

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Oh well, looks like the Used Market Values just went up [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Yeah, it should be interesting to see what happens on Evil Bay with these price increases. This will be a double edged sword though, as the guitars we actively seek out will become more expensive, but conversely, it should drive up our selling prices and trade values across the board</font>

Comment

Well this just sucks... I'm finally getting ready to buy a NEW Jackson USA and the prices are going up... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Fender definitely knows what there doing.

<font color="blue"> Step 1) </font> Good Marketing. Jackson starts showing up every where. (There have been many post on here since the Fender take over about you guys see more and more Jacksons. Somehow it seams that I was only one (or almost the only one) that saw what they were up to. I've said it once and I will say it again, I just hope that the quality doesn't go down.)

<font color="blue"> Step 1 and a half) </font> They most likely weren't planning on it, but having Zakk Wylde on the cover GW holding a Jackson was the best marketing they could of got. It made everybody and there mother run out and buy Jacksons; they couldn't make them fast enough.

<font color="blue"> Step 2) </font> Raise the price of the guitars 15% each year (and, yes, I did say <font color="red"> each year </font> ) as long as the marketing is working for ya. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

<font color="blue"> Step 3) </font> Repeat steps 1 and 2 over and over again. Repeat <font color="blue"> Step 1 and a half </font> if at all possible.

Well there you have it. Soon we will be paying out the ass for one like $3,000 for a black Soloist. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
              So I guess Evil-bay here I come.

Nick

Comment

ewww ... guess I bought my Soloist just in time

Comment

gotta throw my 2 cents in here...of all the major manufacturers, jackson seems to have kept their pricing in line the best...they weren't exactly cheap guitars to buy in the 80's either...factor in inflation over the years and i think they're still a great value (have you seen what les pauls list for now?...scary)...but that's just my opinion...d.m.
                  http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Jackson guitars, especially on evil bay:

1. They never get what they are worth.

2. The evil bay listing and selling fees make the regret of having sold one even worse.

3. Worst of all is that once you let one go.. they never come back.

No one will ever buy a brand new USA Select as an example, for $1675 then put it on E-bay and sell it for $1675 that evening.

1000 people will look at it. No one will buy it. Perhaps at $900 or so if they are lucky.

Lets face it, Jackson Guitars have been the best value guitar out there. This price increase was totally anticipated as the ones to come will be. The question was at one point, will there be a market for pre-fender guitars.

The answer: Of course there is.. Pre Fender quality is superior.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      It made everybody and there mother run out and buy Jacksons; they couldn't make them fast enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any chance that you could support this statement by some sort of facts or evidence?
                      Henrik
                      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        It made everybody and there mother run out and buy Jacksons; they couldn't make them fast enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any chance that you could support this statement by some sort of facts or evidence?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.

Click Here

[ QUOTE ]
                        what the Jackson Rep for Florida told the dealers/Me was that...

Due to the Guitar world cover feature with Zakk Wylde holding a Rhoads/The RR1 Review.

There was a HUGE HUGE DEMAND for RR1's/KV2's and so they are pretty much sold out now and apparantly now jackson are focusing on NAAM so any USA jacksons are being saved for that show.

[/ QUOTE ]

^---That is what my statement is based on. If it's wrong, then I'm wrong on that and I'm sorry.

Nick

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> Step 2) </font> Raise the price of the guitars 15% each year (and, yes, I did say <font color="red"> each year </font> ) as long as the marketing is working for ya. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Well there you have it. Soon we will be paying out the ass for one like $3,000 for a black Soloist. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
                          So I guess Evil-bay here I come.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're being a tad harsh I think.
                          Outside of Carvin, you would still be paying more for a neckthru with ebony, Duncans and real MOP for the inlays than with the 15% price increase.

To claim that they are going to do it every year is just fearmongering. These new prices put them back inline with what their competitors are charging.
                          Actually, it's still undercutting many makers like Gibson, PRS and BC Rich for value/dollar ratio.
                          I'll buy another, no problem. I'm eyeing an SL1T but have to pay down a couple of bills first.
                          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Thanks Nick, that sounds fair enough allright. I wonder if Child of Norther is a scottish Jackson/Fender dealer then?
                            Henrik
                            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              gotta throw my 2 cents in here...of all the major manufacturers, jackson seems to have kept their pricing in line the best...they weren't exactly cheap guitars to buy in the 80's either...factor in inflation over the years and i think they're still a great value (have you seen what les pauls list for now?...scary)...but that's just my opinion...d.m.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, DM pretty much nailed it.

The issue here is more perception than reality. Come on guys, it was - what? - around three years since the last price increase? That would work out to an average of about 5% per year. Not exactly huge, when you view it that way.

The "sticker shock" perception hits simply because they waited and did it all at once, rather than a little each year. It's better to understand the reality that - if you bought a new J/C during the last few years - you got it at no increase at all.

Also, that last increase was bigger - either 20% or 25%, IIRC. This one is much more mild.

Comment

Working...
                              X