Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Price increase

[ QUOTE ]
    Price increases are needed to adjust with the changing value of a dollar.

[/ QUOTE ]

While true, the current price increase seems to outpace inflation if it's true that there was a 25% increase just three years ago (For a 15% increase to be solely due to keeping up with past inflation, they'd have to go back more than three years. More like six years. The CPI has only risen 5.6% since 2001).

I do wonder if smaller increases each year would be more palitable to customers. If you see prices go up 3% or so each year, it doesn't seem to be as big a deal as a 15% increase all at once, even knowing that prices haven't risen in a few years (and very likely won't next year and possibly even beyond that a little).

I'm not concerned with an increase. Heck, Jacksons still seem cheap to me thanks to my local dealer selling their Charvel/Jacksons at list price back in the day.

Comment

It is definately true that the price to quality ratio on Jacksons is in my view one of the best values in this industry......as we all know, the USA Jacksons are second to none in the quality area.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Price increases are needed to adjust with the changing value of a dollar.

[/ QUOTE ]

The dollar hasn't risen by 15% in three years. If that were the case, the economy would be a hell of a lot worst off than it is now.

I don't understand the logic, and my major is economics in college too. Higher prices = fewer customers, plain and simple. There's nothing prestigious about losing customers due to your own pricing policies.

Or could they be trying to use the tactic used by ESP and BC Rich, and charge such insane prices for the USA's that the imports make a killing as the cheaper substitutes? This would sem more likely to me since ESP is Jackson's biggest competitor (even if Jackson doesn't want those posers in the same league as them).

Comment

The dollar may not have risen 15% in three years but the cost of business has so......

Comment

well, considering an SL2H Mahogany averages about $1500, that would meen a $225 increase, and I wanted one sometime this year, but if they go up $225, I am out for sure [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Did the imports also go up in price?

[/ QUOTE ]

Imports only went up 5%.
              Charvel had no increase.

Racer- as far as sales go...
              I think i moved 60 + usa Jackson over the last 8-9 months...
              I dont think thats much compared to Matt or Kev.. But I see a very positive increase in market and desire for Jackson Usa..

I will eagerly be anticipating Winter namm for new graphics and colors and expect another market increase in desire...

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

yeah, this is going to hurt a lot of us who were looking at buying a USA custom shop guitar in the next couple of years (Myself and close friends included). I mean Ive been wanting to get a custom made jackson since about 98 or so when I first started talking with brad kelly, but I kept buying other stuff along the wayu, when I knew I should have been waiting and saving for a custom. Point is, I wanted to get a neck thru seven string for the longest time now, but It looks like I will have to wait even longer until I can actually afford one with options I wanted on it originally. Im really not willing to shift much on the specs, and I hope and wish that this is all true, but you do what you have to and as long as it doesnt kill you, you should be a better man for it. Maybe I will get a third job.

Its a shame, I started playing jackson guitars out of honor and respect for the tradition, then after a while, It became out of necessity, because I loved their craftsmanship so much and they were second to none as far as playability went. Now its to the point where a lot of other instruments that are very expensive, are very much in the same price range. I mean if Im going to plop down $1,599 on a new usa jackson, then who is to say I shouldnt just save up another $500 and get a good les paul, or go to a luthier and have them make me something amazing? The affordability days of usa jacksons are over, thats for sure, and the custom shop is slowly going beyond my reach.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  The dollar may not have risen 15% in three years but the cost of business has so......

[/ QUOTE ]

My business costs have gone up more than 15%, probably around 25% in the past 3 years.

Here is some food for thought: In 1985 a Jackson Soloist Custom listed for $1860 in a standard color. In 2003 money factoring in inflation that list would be around $3100. A SL1 Soloist new list will be $2509.

Comment

I too was looking at pulling the trigger on a custom in the near future, but with the price increase it may be a bit. I don't think its gonna deter me, just postpone things for a little bit longer. I guess it just will make me make up my mind as to what I REALLY want in my custom.

Ken

Comment

Working...
                    X