model and price question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• model and price question

i am tempted to buy a used jackson guitar and need to know what model and its value. it is gun metal grey with 2 humbuckers and a floyd style bridge. it has an ebony board with no inlays and has jackson usa labeled on the headstock. it looks exactly like tremdog's sl2 in the gallery. some people told me its a soloist, some a sl1/sl2 ...what exactly is it and what would it go for if the guitar is in very good condtion. thanks for the replies [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: model and price question

SL2, made around '96/97
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Worth about 600-800 depending on the condition. Great guitar for the money.

Jim
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

But they've been going for $350 - $500 as I recall.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Really? For a USA SL2. I haven't seen many for less than 500 and those are in tough shape. The DR2's maybe. It's a soloist with no inlays. They're a great value for a USA Jackson. note to self, don't forget to spell check! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I know what they are. The trem is the 580. Lots of people don't know. I do believe a couple have gone for cheap on the bay this year.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Alright, It's time to contradict myself! I did score one earlier this year for 400 shipped on a backdoor offer from a 0 feedback seller on eBay. Now I thought I got in incredible deal. Before that, I haven't seen them for below $500. Of course I could be wrong as I wasn't looking for one specifically, but the SL2s I saw were up there. Yeah they do have the 580 trem. If they only came with a Schaller or an OFR!

Jackson had a thing for no inlay ebony boards around that time. The SL2s, DR2s and the AT-1s. They made a bolt on Rhoads like that too didn't they?

Jim

Comment

thanks for the info guys...
                i didn't know that it had a 580 trem.
                can i swap a floyd into it without modification?

Comment

I think the posts will be OK, but you might have an issue with the recess route. It's a slightly different shape than the OFR. I've never converted one myself so I wouldnt be the best to answer. I'm sure some one here has done it who can answer better. Good luck!

Jim

Comment

Working...
                  X