Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Production statistic question...

[img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Okay, I've asked this question before and its never garnered much attention, or a whole lot of responses, but I was wondering this time if anyone could help me solve a couple of dillemas that I have about three of my guitars. You see, I have an 85 Rhoads, a 98 USA SLS and a 97 KE-1F.

For Some of the guitars, there are specific questions that I am wondering about:
    1.) Was black and gold pinstripes a common color for the 85 rhoads?

2.) Was Trans Black a common color for the 97 KE-1F? Why was this model cancelled? To make room for the select Series KE-2?

3.) Was the SLS just not selling and this was the reason why they pulled it from the production models?
    And a few other burning questions about the
    I was wondering what the production statistics were for these models, approximately how many were made, not necessarily in what color, and why they were deleted from the jackson catalog, ultimately. As to why they were deleted, I can kind of guess, but having a more official answer would be nice.

So yeah here are some images for you to browse and see what you know about either model. Any of your input would be GREATLY appreciated--I've been trying to find some information on these instruments for quite some time now.

Re: Production statistic question...

wow, not everyone at once now.

Comment

That TB KE1F looks to be pretty rare.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I dont think they could have made more than 50 of these in this color...it wouldnt make sense, seeing as jackson was struggling so hard in the late 90s

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          3.) Was the SLS just not selling and this was the reason why they pulled it from the production models?

[/ QUOTE ]

They brought it back a year or 2 ago with the SLSMG version, though it's a bit different. I see the original SLS series as Jackson's attempt to woo those who were looking to buy LP's and PRS's...and they probably didn't sell as well as they hoped since they only lasted a couple years. At the time they were one of the few Jackson production models with fixed-bridges. Nowadays, there are a few production models with fixed bridges.
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
          X