7 string Select Series Option--Lets make it happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 string Select Series Option--Lets make it happen

Does anyone think we should band together, and since there Is going to be a 15% increase there could be a cool option to any usa select series guitar--that for free, or a $120-$200 up-charge to the list price (as much as it costs for a custom model), they could make it a Seven String.

I mean its obvious that fender wants to continue making guitars with wild graphics and other stuff that humans who work 9-5 jobs will never to be able to afford unless they eat ramen and PB & J sandwiches for a year. This would be something that would be useable to a large section of the market. They may have to make one or so for Namm each year if they really wanted to take it seriously, but I think it is a pretty good idea.

I know this may sound out there, but I know a lot of people who are dying for USA Jackson 7s (myself included) and since this is nothing more than an option, on the select series, most of which are made to order for dealers and whatnot, they wouldnt have to make them until we ordered them?

What does everyone else think?!?!?!?! If they could do this one favor for me and all the rest of the death metal community I'd buy one and [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img] it.

Would be very [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Re: 7 string Select Series Option--Lets make it happen

What do you suggest, a 7-string SL2H with everything else the same except for the low B string added?

EDIT: Obviously the pickups and bridge will be changed to reflect the addition of the extra string.

Comment

that would be cool , but what happened to that Jackson sig 7string for that guy from Fear factory ?

Comment

Well it could be any model in the Select Series--Kelly, King V, Soloist, or whatever--everything else the same except for a LOW B. I mean I suppose that they could have special pickups developed for it, but its really not necessary, I usually never keep my stock pickups in my guitars...but they could have dimarzio do some like 7 string super distortions only for these models, but personally i wouldnt care what pickups they put in there--even if they were lipsticks like a danelectro.

Nothing happened to it, but Im not really interested in playing aseven string from this band that I listened to like almost 10 years ago now. HA. I just want a trans black, seven string KV-2, is that too much to ask!?!?!

Comment

I would love to see a 7 string Soloist on the USA line. That might sell more than a 7 string King V or Kelly (I think the soloist is the most popular model??). But I think that's a great idea. More competition for the other guys and it would expand the line and the Jackson market

Comment

I think a 7 string hard tail SLS would be pretty badass!
            "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Re: 7 string Select Series Option--Lets make it ha

Well, I'd certainly love to have a 7-string Soloist, but I'm not sure I could swing even a Select Series price right now.

The 7-string market has dwindled a lot in the last couple of years--many manufacturers have phased them out, not just Jackson.

Comment

The Original Floyd Rose is available for 7 string. Would go on that Soloist quite nicely [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I didn't know there was the original Floyd for 7string..
                  That is cool to know.

I think what Jackson is afraid, is 7string USA Select series would be much harder to sell.
                  Most of 7strings in the market, they are usually cheaper(like Schecter,ESP LTD) and many imports, if Jakcosn would have let's say 2300-2500 USD retail price of 7string= guitars, how many people actually have the money to pay that much money?
                  I think this is one of the reasons why Jackson hasn't put USA Select series of 7strings yet.

People who have the money,Jackson is offering custom shop 7srting guitars and you can get exactly what you want.

Comment

I'm all for an SLS or SL2H, if Jackson will utilize a longer scale for said guitars. 25.5" doesn't quite have enough articulation, imo.

Also, I don't think they should offer it on every model, for functional reasons. A Kelly 7 is the shortest path imaginable to the dark land of hardcore neck diving. If you've ever tried the import version, you know that it's pretty much unplayable.

Comment

We'd be lucky to see a USA hardtail soloist 7-string, but fat chance of anything else! There are just too many personal options for the individual for such a niche guitar! Thats why you have the custom shop option.. If you can afford it, get it built!!

Comment

Everyone here is saying how hard it would be to sell, but the bottom line is, Im not telling the company to put all of there eggs in one basket. Having the extra template(s) around for an extra 20-30 guitars they could sell each year, if they market these guitars probably, could mean a substantial increase in revinue, and more repeat customers. I know I couldnt have just one. ITs not really an investment for the immedate future, its building a relationship, and since so many of us here are repeat customers and have been clambering for this for SO long, I think it would be cool as hell to have some jackson 7 strings that actually get the job the done. This would be refreshing change of pace from the imports they were selling in 1999. Like I said before, its just an option, so it wouldnt change any of their standard production stats.

Yes, I know the seven string market is down, but they could get a lot of up and coming endorsees too if they do this right.

OR they could try to do a limited run of 30 select series 7 string jacksons for this board in 2006 (5 each of 6 different models--Death Angel, Kelly, King V, Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior) or something, all preoredered, prepaid and whatever with specific specs and all...and we all move forward from there.

Its interesting to note that many of the people who want this guitar the most seem to be the most willing to shoot the idea down. In any case, I'm sure if we could gather enough support for the idea, we could get some dealer to sponsor it, and thus push the idea of jackson.

Somebody has to want to take a risk--there has got to be some music store who would want to make good money off a preordered thing like this.

Comment

I would love a 7 string Jackson with a maple fingerboard and black sharkfins!
                          Soloist, Rhoads or Kelly would be fine...
                          Jackson custom shop is way out of my range at the moment though.

Comment

I`m in for a seven string Rhoads anytime.
                            And yeah, maple fingerboard with black sharkfins sound cool.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Everyone here is saying how hard it would be to sell, but the bottom line is, Im not telling the company to put all of there eggs in one basket. Having the extra template(s) around for an extra 20-30 guitars they could sell each year, if they market these guitars probably, could mean a substantial increase in revinue, and more repeat customers. I know I couldnt have just one. ITs not really an investment for the immedate future, its building a relationship, and since so many of us here are repeat customers and have been clambering for this for SO long, I think it would be cool as hell to have some jackson 7 strings that actually get the job the done. This would be refreshing change of pace from the imports they were selling in 1999. Like I said before, its just an option, so it wouldnt change any of their standard production stats.

Yes, I know the seven string market is down, but they could get a lot of up and coming endorsees too if they do this right.

OR they could try to do a limited run of 30 select series 7 string jacksons for this board in 2006 (5 each of 6 different models--Death Angel, Kelly, King V, Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior) or something, all preoredered, prepaid and whatever with specific specs and all...and we all move forward from there.

Its interesting to note that many of the people who want this guitar the most seem to be the most willing to shoot the idea down. In any case, I'm sure if we could gather enough support for the idea, we could get some dealer to sponsor it, and thus push the idea of jackson.

Somebody has to want to take a risk--there has got to be some music store who would want to make good money off a preordered thing like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jackson HAS the templates - I'm holding a 7 string Soloist right now. We've discussed limited runs, etc., but the truth is, half the people who would've bought in on a limited run have already bought CS guitars.

I'd love to see the ability to get one, but I'm not in a position - from need, or really even want - to buy one at this time.

The comment pro-fusion made is right on the money - the "7 String Craze, Part II, seems to be over, and most of the people involved in it didn't want high-dollar 7 strings anyway.

Most of the people going for B or A# tunings now seem to be going the baritone route, so they don't really have to learn a different instrument, probably, but the 7 string demand is very low.

A store could (maybe?) put together a limited run - they have the templates for everything - but I have a feeling it would be pricey...

Mike
                              Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
                              X