7 string Select Series Option--Lets make it happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 7 string Select Series Option--Lets make it ha

If there would be a LE 7string,only it could happen if was Import version.
    There is no way for 20-30people to agree on specs when they know it will be expensive especially there is no 7string production model and whe order, it will be expensive as custom shop order.
    No special discount or anything like that.
    I have heard only if these LE guitars are based on production model and you just change very minor stuff such as hardware color,electronics,very little bit of up charge but when it comes to 7string guitar, we are talking about full custom shop order since there is no production 7 string guitar to go with.
    well... who knows. Mayeb I need to talk with one of teh dealers and see what they will anser

That's why I have to go on my own.
    I'd rather order somthing 100% of what I want.
    [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Guys guys guys... Do we never learn from the past around here??

Now I see in that thread that people want to do another, but guess what, there's about 150 or so different opinions on what to do. I see a great idea coming to a slow and painful end.

Again, I don't want to be the bad guy. I'd love to see some of these guitars made, but someone has to take the bull by the horns!

[/ QUOTE ]

A-men. If you want to get 30 people together on this, here's what you do:

24 Fret Soloist, fins, ebony, maple neck, pointy headstock, mahogany wings, 7 string OFR, Duncan JB/59, 10 of three seperate colors.

Reasoning?

1. Most 7 string players play Strat- shaped guitars - you have VERY few other choices.

2. Most 7 string players are used to having a Floyd. (This is the one I have the least confidence in.)

3. Most Jackson guys want the regular headstock and fins.

4. You can't un-do the routes for EMG 707s or 81-7s - you can have it routed.

5. The wood choices are my own, but they're the most likely to sound the best. (Ever notice that every company's "high end" 7 string has a Mahogany body? There's a reason for that.)

6. I don't think there'd be an issue with three different finishes. ( I could be wrong, though.)

This would work, and probably be cheap/generic enough to get you to 30 interested parties, depending on the pricing.

You _might_ get 30 RR7s, but I doubt it. Much as I like the idea, I highly doubt we could get 30 people to agree on a PC-7, either...

Mike
      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

See, Michael is suggesting what I mentioned in my first reply in this topic. It's basically the same as an SL2H except with the extra string and components reflecting the added string, and has the widest appeal. Depending on how much money we're talking about, I might be willing to fork the cash over for one of these.

So, there's potentially Michael and I in this so far. Anyone else? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

ok, count me in.
          [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            See, Michael is suggesting what I mentioned in my first reply in this topic. It's basically the same as an SL2H except with the extra string and components reflecting the added string, and has the widest appeal. Depending on how much money we're talking about, I might be willing to fork the cash over for one of these.

So, there's potentially Michael and I in this so far. Anyone else? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Excpet I probably wouldn't be in, unless the pricing were superb, because I need another 7 string like I need another hole in the head. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm just trying to get this re-started - despite my non-participation, I'd like to see this idea fly, for vindication after years of bitching about USA Select 7 strings, if nothing else. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Mike
            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
            X