Guitar room in my new house or guitar shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guitar room in my new house or guitar shop

Am i dreaming?! Dude, you've got more Jacksons in that room than every music store in my country, alltogether!

Is that a custom graphic on the Roswell in the corner?
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Only FIVE Roswells?

Frickin' rookie.

Seriously, bro...sweet collection, and a great setup.

Comment

Nice Group.... Nice crown molding, too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The guitar in the top left is a bolt on made by GROVER JACKSON it is a one off. thanks for all the praise. i will get a better picture of the star soon .
          [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

Holy crap! Awesome collection [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Absolutely incredibel!!!! If that room was a local guitar store, I would be in it every day.

Comment

Nuckign FUTS!!

thats a awesome collection.

Comment

How funny is it that a guy with a collection that huge is a JR memeber!
                  www.kiddhavok.com
                  www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

I thought that myself! You never know who's is on the other end of that Jr member status.

Jim
                    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Think this way, while we are busy posting here, there are many serious collectors hunting down cool Jackson/Charvels.
                      Posting # has nothing to do with collecting these great guitars.
                      Imagine when Internet wasn't even existed 10years ago.
                      I am sure there are still many people, who are not even signed up here.

By the way, Dave is a GREAT guy.I thank him a lot.

Comment

That's so true. I see a lot of guys trying to bulk up their post count. For what? I don't get it. is it so they can get to list in the classifieds? Is it to get to Gold status? Just goes to show ya status ain't everything. Well, it's a little, but not everything. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

I just don't post alot . But i do watch this board a alot.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            How funny is it that a guy with a collection that huge is a JR memeber!

[/ QUOTE ]

Or not really a JCF "member" at all? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Just something to think about! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Oh the mystery of it all.
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Dave comes from the "generation" (I mean that in J/C collector terms, not literally) of collectors that were able to build a collection without the Internet. I won't bring up names of others (they can chime in if they wish) but there are a bunch of fellows who did well using the phone.

When I started the web was not really in widespread use though there were a bunch of classifieds and music newsgroups and some IRC things going on. In 1995 the web started to catch on with the mainstream and that is when I started to see a lot of guitars available via the computer and Internet! This was, of course before San Dimas Charvels and Jacksons really began demanding (or fetching) the dollars they do today. Those were the days!

Around 1997/8 a new batch of guys cropped up and we had a bunch of sites like charveljacksonclassics.com, vintagecharveljackson.com, jacksoncharvelworld.com, jacksoncharvelguitars.com appear. These were the first generation Internet players. I think the craze really took off from that point! You can even trace the roots of this forum to those days when we'd use fly-by-night boards and nothing was really established like the infrastructure demonstrated by the JCF today.

I guess in 1999 or so we started seeing Ebay really start to be a factor and yet another group of collectors pop up bringing deep pockets and real buying power and built some massive collections like www.jacksonmuseum, www.usacharvels.com and some others I hear are in development.

Of course, now we can't imagine collecting, buying & selling without the Internet though there are plenty of stories of guys finding stuff in stores now and again.

Sorry for the roadtrip through time and the thread hi-jack! It is a pretty interesting story, however. Someone should put together a family tree/timeline of all these things.

Dave, great guitar room! Love it!
                              www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Wow! I'm at a loss for words. Kind of puts things in perspective with my humble collection. Awesome collection there, bro! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X