X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Value of a Jackson Soloist Custom

WOW!
    The bodies look WEIRD!
    It looks kind of Kramer Nightswan meets the Strat.. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks, Seventh Avenged, and don't worry, I won't be posting it in the classifieds. Although...I am considering selling one of my imports (Jackson Dinky Reverse that I bought from fellow JCF member ToeJam). So many guitars, so little $$$$ (and time) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

THanks Larry. I stand corrected!!! Like I said in my post, I could have been wrong, and I was!! [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] I just have never read or seen about Brad or Jeff playing them. But hey, thats why we are here, to exchange information!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Its all good!!
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

J0050 would be the Tommy gun guitar any ways. The soloist pros are awsome guitars though
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

O.K. I just returned from meeting the guy selling J 000050.... We all knew it was a Japanese Import but he was willing come to my side of town to show it anyway. I would not say she is worth $500. Black Schaller with silver saddles and the replaced strap button does not look that bad. Sustainiac stuff looks cheap. Jackson logo in Pearl with no "PRO" would fool a first time buyer though. Peace

Comment

That's interesting about the headstock logo. Did it look like the "Professional" was removed? I thought all of the Pros had that logo, since there was virtually no other way to tell them apart from the USA guitars.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                WOW!
                The bodies look WEIRD!
                It looks kind of Kramer Nightswan meets the Strat.. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

They remind me more of the 1989-92 Carvin DC145.

Those are such early neckthru Jacksons that the standard Soloist shape might not have been 'set in stone' yet at that point. There seems to have been a lot of variation in the very earliest Soloists.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Those are such early neckthru Jacksons that the standard Soloist shape might not have been 'set in stone' yet at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, options not set like having only 22 frets! Weird to see that on a soloist!
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Well, I had a nice Archtop Soloist Pro for a few months last year and that guitar has a Pearl Jackson Logo as well. I think the earliest Pro-imports well built to look very like their USA brothers... I don't know exactly when Jackson started using the "Professional" logo on the headstock. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Those guitars are prior to any Soloists (if you call a 24 fret Dinky Strat a Soloist). The first early ones were either Strats or Dinky Strats and they had 22-frets. I believe those are just plain non-Dinky Strat style bodies.

Comment

I guess you might call them "Proto-Soloists"...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I am considering selling one of my imports (Jackson Dinky Reverse that I bought from fellow JCF member ToeJam).

[/ QUOTE ]
                          That purple Dinky Reverse is a sweet player! I bought that here from Greg Crowe a few years back, and it was my first guitar with EMGs. I also like the JT580LP '94 trem on that one with the square baseplate. That'll be cool if someone here gets that when you do sell it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I would say J0022 and 23 are actually Strats with a more squared off, Soloist style bevel on the edge. J0004 (Dinky Strat) looks more like what we call a Soloist than those two guitars.

Comment

Working...
                            X