Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jackson Wants YOU!

Pretty ironic, no? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Pretty ironic, no? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I am not a multi-bazillion dollar company!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I think fender is doing a cool job. Lets face it Jackson was about dead, and we were starting to see a lot of posts about new guitars with flaws.

They are expanding the line, doing some advertising. They have resurrected the charvel brand name from the dead. This post tells a lot about intent of FMIC. They want to know who their customers are and what they want. Good for business and good for us.

Still though I live in the northwest and nary an American made jackson hanging in stores here.

I was pissed that Onlinestagegear got there franchise pulled. Matt was an up front guy that posted up, gave good deals to members and sponsored the forum. Matt was truly a meber of this community that wasn't out to make a fist full of money or take advantage of anyone. Every guitar he got he took the time to post nice color pictures on his stores site for everyone to see. I think he was an asset to FMIC by the fact of his moral character and good nature. Truly a loss for us jackson players and FMIC.

Comment

they did a great job on the finish and quality corner, but EU distro is a joke, it plainly sucks bigtime... as well as their customerservice there... had to settle for a kelly since after waiting for eight friggen' months they suddenly decide my ordered rhoads wasn't there anymore. and all they have to say for it is 'so what, wait some more' time to step in there, yesterday! [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Before the European Jackson fans get too far into the bashing of FMIC's dealings within Europe, please fill us Yanks in on exactly how FMIC's European distributor network is laid out. Seems to me that's where the trouble is - your own distributors, NOT FMIC or Jackson. Case in point - who was it that had the Jackson on order, and the dealer went dow to get it and the guy told him it was "over there in one of those pallets"?
            Yeah it'd be great if you could place an order and have the manufacturer ship it to your door like Carvin does but that ain't happening with Jackson or FMIC. Right or wrong, good orbad, it ain't gonna happen.
            Go kick your distributor's and dealer's asses over the wait times and lack of inventory, since those are the problems.
            Or just order from US dealers and pay the hefty import taxes. At least you get the guitar.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

FMIC's own distributors distribute Jackson in Europe. There are some others but in Scandinavia,Germany and GB Fender does the dirty work
              Check the map.
              Fendereurope

Think that some of those add their own margin on the prices. That kind of behavior must be put to an end.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Mike Kotzen asked me to get input from all you guys, how are they doing since Fender? [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the price raises, because they always happen right before I am about to buy a new guitar. With college getting ready to start in two weeks, don't tell me to just bite it and spend a little more, because that's simply not possible. The price raise just knocked a new USA KV off of my buy list, and I'll probably end up shopping for a used one now.

I like the JH30 Rhoads having 24 fret, but hate waiting years for a 24-fret only to get fuggin dots in it. How about a version with sharkies?

How about more finishes? I'd like to see more solid colors.

How about a customer loyalty club, giving discounts or some other perks to those with a provable amount of Jacksons bought in the past?

Comment

Given the notoriously long history of college students being poor, you are probably better off without a USA Jackson because you know you'd have to sell it to pay for something (food, rent, tuition, etc).

I still say it's the actual employee at the distributor, not HQ. Management only knows what they can see, and if they don't see a distributor who is not distributing the goods in a timely manner, then they don't see a problem. I agree they need to have more contact with the items they ship beyond "shipped from America, received in Europe - case closed". They need to keep track of the actual final destination reports (but those are easily faked).
                  If it's a manpower issue (as in - not enough people to do the work), then HQ needs to address that, but they have to see irrefutable evidence of it.

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I'm impressed with what's happened since FMIC bought Jackson. The quality is great and as a long time dealer I feel good about stocking the line. It's good to see some advertising in place and I'm starting to see an increase in demand for guitars that used to be pretty tough to sell. Eddie Van Halen was a great move but getting some newer players on the roster that are highly visible should be the next step in increasing brand recognition. Most of my Jackson and Charvel customers are (like myself) in their mid to late 30's. Get the kids coming into stores asking for Jackson guitars and the mission will be accomplished.

As for all you guys complaining that your local dealers don't have any USA's on the wall, that's because those dealers are afraid to stock them. As the Jackson and Charvel brands become more visible though, more customers will start asking about these guitars and the dealers will feel better about stocking them. I'm sure with time, many stores will have a good selection of USA's.

Of course... If you don't want to wait for that to happen, just call me. I've got a bunch on my wall!

Matt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

I'm not sure where everyone is gettin the quick turn around time on orders for new Jacksons. I ordered a USA select SLS about a week before I joined this board.... still waiting. Told I had atleast another month to wait. Had I known that it would take seven months I would have ordered a friggin Custom Shop. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Hell I've changed my religion twice since then.

I only have pre-fender USA's right now. Bought em used so cant comment on quality.

If Charvel offered a strat-head from the custom shop my order would be in tommorrow. Granted I'm sure I'd have to vote a few times before it arrived.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I'm starting to see an increase in demand for guitars that used to be pretty tough to sell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like which?

Curious.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Probably the pointy metal geetars - remember just a couple of years ago everyone wanted 7-string Strat-shapes.

In order for more dealers to carry USA Jacksons, they have to be able to sell them. In order to sell them, they WILL have to compete with other dealers outside their areas who are online, like Matt's Music, VWall, DCGL, etc etc. They can't just hang a tag on it for $50 less than the MF catalog, they have to put a realistic price on it or it's gonna sit there.
                          Think about it: you hang a USA Soloist with Lightning Sky or Snakeskin in a store with a price of $2300 next to a Timeless Classic Fender or Gibson or PRS for the same price, which one's gonna sell? Everything but the Jackson. Why? Because the customer able to cough up $2300 for a guitar probably has a better-paying job than the typical Jackson Snakeskin/Lightning Sky player, and thus is going for the proven investment of the Fender, PRS, or Gibson. You want that Jackson to sell? It's gotta go cheap. Unfortunately, that means dealers aren't making as much off one Jackson as they are off one PRS, and many dealers won't carry something they can't make a decent profit on, unless they themselves play and/or like that brand personally.
                          Dealers can't survive by hoping they'll get the clueless shopper who doesn't know about the internet and searching online for better deals. They DO exist, but their numbers are shrinking daily.
                          Plus, Jackson has the surplus of used USA and USA-quality models going for cheap, so that's another consideration that many shoppers have over the dealers. Gibson, Fender, and PRS don't have low prices in the used market unless it's beat, so dealers feel comfortable carrying those models.

Newc

Comment

<font color="blue"> </font> Charvel: A major step in the right direction introducing the classic "pointy" Charvels with oil finished necks and identical to the early models. Offer the same custom build options identical to 1982 across the board. Bring back Gibson body shapes (original Flying V, Explorer, Firebird). Jackson: Do the same thing you did with the Charvels - bring back the 80's original versions of the lineup. Get rid of that eyesore huge rear routing and only do the small San Dimas type! The "Fender" headstock should be freely offered as a preference to the consumer. There is no conflict of interest for Fender to offer Strat headstocks on Charvel guitars - ie: Charvel Strats are different than Fender Strats - rear loaded or not, pickguard or not, neck profile or not. Its like saying that Fender is going to cease making "Fender Strat" style bodies on their Charvels now. Hey Fender - you now have some control back OK? A great design is a great design, period. You (Fender) own the trademark rights to the headstock. Share the wealth - give the people (Charvel lovers) what they want! Use your deep pockets to bring back the early Charvel / Jackson magic and stop making the cheaper lines as much. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - OFFER START HEADSTOCKS ON YOUR CHARVELS WITHOUT BEING ANAL ABOUT IT! (Leave that to Jenna &lt;sic&gt. The Fender headstock is a good design with a clean classic look. Its not a crime to want one with your Charvel so the tip of your pointy headstock doesn't get F'd up AGAIN (been there, done that drunk, more than I care to recount). [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah strat heads would be good on charvels as a standard option...

Comment

I bought my SL2H at GC Tacoma in January 2003 which I believe makes it at the end of the akai era. Its a great guitar no doubt, and no complaints. Since Fender has taken over I've seen a HUGE improvement in Vancouver, BC as far as Jackson availability. At the downtown Long &amp; McQuade there are 3 or 4 USA Jacksons which is insane given that before Fender owned Jackson, nobody in Vancouver carried Jackson AT ALL since the demise of Mothers' Music.

All in all I think the Fender buyout is a good thing. I like Jenna, but I don't know that having her in the marketing is going to sell any more guitars. It could very well cause some people to refuse to buy jackson. Jackson definitely needs to keep pace with ESP as far as endorsees though.

One problem I've noticed though is that GC does not carry USA Jacksons in stock. If Vancouver can support having US Jacksons in stock Seattle can too damn it!

Comment

Working...
                                X