PC-1 - Great Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-1 - Great Guitar

Just wanted to express my opinion of the PC1. Have a Mocha one from 2003. Drop Dead Killer!
    I have been playing since I was 7 (am now 44). I play melodic shred - lots of stretching and runs vary in speed up to 240 bpm. Continue to improve my technique over the years.
    I got this guitar from Guitar Xpress. Very nice guy and I definitely will buy from there again.

The strings were so close on the original set up that I had to raise them. There was absolutely no buzzing I just prefer my strings a little higher so I can hammer those arpeggios (with my left hand) without having to pick.
    The neck is like the old Charvels - thicker and more round than the neck throughs. Plays like butter though. I can anchor my hands better on this neck for better vibrato.
    I have and 80's Charvel and I wanted a guitar that sounded that good but had 24 frets.
    When I plugged this one in I knew instantly that this sounded even better!
    What resonance and articulation. It plays great!
    I have played many many guitars including many custom builders like Zion, Baker, Tom Anderson, Warrior, etc...
    I had an original Gibson Firebird. I had an SG, Fender Strat, Ibanez Jem, PRS, Jackson Soloist, Charvel San Dimas, Hamer Californian, etc...
    This thing beats em all in playability and sound. I have never seen a guitar with so much resonance.
    Fretwork is nothing short of spectacular.
    In my opinion this is the best Jackson built and the best guitar I have heard and played to date.

Just my opinion of course but this guitar works best for me and I would highly recommend it.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Re: PC-1 - Great Guitar

Hey congrats on the PC1 and welcome to the board!
    I would love to get a PC1.
    I have been thinking of getting one but everytime I see one, I happen to have no money at all... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Anyway, Here is the rule of the board.. got pics? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I almost sold mine that I got a few months ago and I'm glad I didn't. Mine is Euphoria with all EMGs. It's one of my favorite guitars!

Jim
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Great guitars. Awesome players. I wish there was a non-sustainer version, and I'd pick up another.

Comment

I don't have a pic because I don't have a digital cam (yet).
          But it is the actual Mocha PC that was photographed for the Jackson Catolog. So if you have a catalog then you have a pic of it.
          I am seriously considering having one made custom with a little more of the bottom horn shaved or cut away so I can do an AM arpeggion up to the 24th fret.
          That is the only thing I would have done differently.
          Oh yeah, also putting in a Seymour Duncan Custom - the Dimarzio is a little thin on the highs.
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

welcome to the board.

I too almost picked up an Euphoria PC1 lefty but I waited a day to long and it was gone. I hope to some day get one.

joe...
            www.godwentpunk.com
            www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I don't have a pic because I don't have a digital cam (yet).
              But it is the actual Mocha PC that was photographed for the Jackson Catolog. So if you have a catalog then you have a pic of it.
              I am seriously considering having one made custom with a little more of the bottom horn shaved or cut away so I can do an AM arpeggion up to the 24th fret.
              That is the only thing I would have done differently.
              Oh yeah, also putting in a Seymour Duncan Custom - the Dimarzio is a little thin on the highs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh! so this was at Summer NAMM 2003?
              I believe one from NAMM was used for the catalog.
              I am not sure which year catalog you are talking about..
              2003?
              If so , that was sold by Guitarexpress I believe and I was thinking of buying that one....
              GREAT LOOKING GUITAR by the way!
              [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Great guitars. Awesome players. I wish there was a non-sustainer version, and I'd pick up another.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shreddermon
                I may sell My pc-2 which is a USA custom shop version of the pc-1 whith regular seymours and a wilkinson. 1 of about 60 made.
                Custom Shop-There is no substitute!

Comment

I love the look of the Pc-1 and would quite like one,but I always worry that I would get lost without the fret markers [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Wolf

Comment

There is a cool custom shop diamond plate one floating around somewhere. I forget who has it.

Comment

Yeah it was Summer of 2003 - you should have picked it up. Plays great and sounds better than anything I have tried including any of the neck through Jacksons.
                      The Hamer Californian is suppose to be such a good shred guitar and has great reviews on harmony central.
                      So I just bought one to compare.
                      The Hamer doesn't hold a candle to the PC1. The Hamer plays well but still feels like a toy compared to the PC1.
                      You can tell without even plugging them in.
                      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I had an SL2 without fret markers. I really like it now and from now on none of my guitars are going to have them.

What is good about not having fret markers is this: You learn the fretboard like you can't believe. You can get on any guitar and play and not get confused by whatever markings they have.
                        PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Everytime I see a PC1 for sale I need to hold myself back. Eventually I will end end purchasing one.

Comment

I got mine for $1300 - was a NAAM demo. I figured it would be built espescially well since they have to show their best stuff at the show.
                            If you ever get the money to buy one you won't be sorry.
                            The neck is like a Charvel though not like the Jackson neck throughs.
                            I hesitated because I figured the skinny necks would be best for shredding but I can shred just as fast and bend better on this neck.
                            Also, the resonance of the PC1 is much better than a neck through.
                            PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I love mine, and was surprised by how good it sounds compared to my soloists... I was also pleasantly surprised by the Super 3... great guitar, and eventually I will have more... Sambencuda.. beware! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X