J0794 will be home soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J0794 will be home soon

I am really excited about this one. I expect to have it in my hands in about a week or so. This is the sellers link so I'm not sure how long it will work. I will give a full review once I recieve it.

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Re: J0794 will be home soon

Lefty?
    Congrats on getting the guitar!

Comment

Lefty indeed! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

Another cool addition Joe,Congrats!!I was thinking about that one too,glad it went to you bro!!Should look great next to the purple Charvie eh??!!Chucksplatter

Comment

Actually, I'm hoping to pair it up with my SD V

Just think about having these two sitting right next to each other [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I just need to decide if I like black or chrome hardware and switch one. Although the Kahler on the V is need of repair on the string rollers. so maybe going black might be the cheaper option. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

joe...
          www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

If the rollers are seized, WD40 will fix them.

Congrats on the Soloist. I bid on it myself.

Comment

Jim: I tried WD40. I let them soak for two days and I got 2 of them to work (B and E). The others are so far gone, I think they are fused together.

joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

Yeah, that is when its bad. Heat will do it though. When they get that bad I heat them up with a cigar lighter and break the rollers free with pliars while hot. Keep moving them while they cool and resoak. Or just get replacements from www.axeparts.net.

Comment

Killer red lefties, they will look good together [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I've had pretty good luck going to local guitar shops and just asking if they have any old Kahler parts. I've found lots of decent roller saddles that way.

Comment

Try PB nut blaster or buster?. It is like WD40 only better. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

very cool, the V is awesome too. lefty SD's must be pretty hard to find. BTW im surprised it wasnt Bretts posting a new one.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I tried WD40. I let them soak for two days and I got 2 of them to work (B and E). The others are so far gone, I think they are fused together.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had Kahler rollers that were really seized up like you have. I used a small (1/16 inch) Pin Punch (bought at Lowes) to tap out the center core. I was then able to take out the roller, clean and polish it with Brasso (these were brass rollers) as well as clean out the inner hole with a cloth with Brasso on it, jamming it in there with a toothpick. I also clean the pin. The roller can be replaced by tapping the pin back in, and they should spin freely!

It only takes a tap or 2 with a hammer to tap the pin in or out, tapping on the smaller pin end (one side is slightly larger than the other side). The local luthier I go to told me about this and it has worked really well!
                        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

The original link is dead but I saved it. Here it is:

It's going to be shipped Saturday and hopefully by last next week I'll have it home.

joe...
                          www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

It looks like a Model 6.
                            KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                            I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Hamner1: It does look like a model 6 which I think typically came with 3 mini-toggels. When I looked at the archives, I found that a lot of other Jacksons with serial #'s close to this one had 3 mini toggles which I thought was pretty weird. Maybe they had a special going that week [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

joe...
                              www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

Working...
                              X