San Dimas Strat SN# 1167. The Slut Lives, PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Dimas Strat SN# 1167. The Slut Lives, PICS

This is the San Dimas Jackson Strat I rescued from a pawn shop in Scottsdale, AZ back in April. After a few months of rehab, it is finally ready to rock. I just got the body back from GMW last Friday and finished putting it together last night.

Here are the before and after pics as well as the process along the way...

First shot of it when I got it home. I had already taken the pups and hardware off. The paint was..well, nasty

Two or three coats of paint down I found this [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

After stripping all the paint off...

Body stripped and sanded. The neck cleaned up nice with just steel wool. Frets have little or no wear. Headstock tip is perfect.

Work order 5934, Oil Black Decal, and Floyd Rose...neck pocket in body has same...

Repaired the hole from the added tone knob.

And now, the finished product. I've always liked Ice Blue Metallic [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The paint is incredible on this thing. GMW is awesome. The neck turned out great and it plays super. The "character" marks on the fretboard at the 11th fret are some type of small burn, but you don't notice them while playing.

Like I said, this guitar plays incredible. I can tell it is enjoying it new found existence.

This is my first USA Jackson and my first San Dimas Guitar. Hopefully the next one I find won't initially be in this bad of shape...but I do hope my next one turns out this good when I'm done [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: San Dimas Strat SN# 1167. The Slut Lives, PICS

Killer!! I love Ice Blue too!! I'll end up building an Ice blue strat also.Its cool to see it on a Jackson
    Custom Shop-There is no substitute!

Comment

Sweet!! I love the before and after stories. Brings a tear to my eye. Or is that just jealousy... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I need to start hitting the pawn shops for the hell of it.

Comment

Nice save...it came out awesome [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I would never have thought "The Slut II" would turn out that well.

Comment

That's cool as hell. The only old guitars I've ever seen at the local pawnshop, was a Peavey T-60, and they wanted 250.00 for that POS!!

Congrats on a damn nice guitar!!

Comment

Those before pics are brutal! How could anyone do that to a poor defenseless guitar? What a mess.

Good job saving her. She came out looking gorgeous!

Congrats!

Comment

That is simply AWESOME!!! What a great color to choose!..looks great with the maple neck! Was it originally that red color or was it too hard to tell what it was?! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Enjoy! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Wonderful!
                  Very nice looking!
                  Congrats and GMW rules.
                  [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Looks damn fine! After seeing that I think I should go through GMW for the refinishing of my Soloist Custom... Just gotta decide what kind of finish I want it to have!

Comment

wow wow! What a turnaround! She looks incredible now, a slut no more [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Awesome! Great work! I will have a San Dimas as well as a GMW some day....

Comment

If only guitars could speak. I'd like to hear this ones life story. What a great job of resurrection, txcharvel! I bet this guitar will get a special place in your heart after all this work.

Great pictures!
                          Henrik
                          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Turned out really well!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

excellent pics too

Comment

That is one hell of a beautiful axe indeed! The Ice Blue Metallic looks fantastic! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] The new finish combined with the old neck gives it an "old meets new" look! Congrats on a job well done!

Anders
                              https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Working...
                              X