San Dimas Strat SN# 1167. The Slut Lives, PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: San Dimas Strat SN# 1167. The Slut Lives, PICS

Nice restoration bro,feels great to save a killer old axe eh??!!Very cool!!Chucksplatter

Comment

What did you use to plug the tone knob hole?
      Looks great.
      [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

She turned out to be one hot slut!!!

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I had a great time bringing this guitar back to life. Lot's of guitars come and go around here, but this one has finally found a home.

[ QUOTE ]
          Was it originally that red color or was it too hard to tell what it was?!

[/ QUOTE ]
          Actually, I think it was originally Electric Blue. The original finish was gone on the body, but down inside the pup cavities you could see what I thought was the original color.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            What did you use to plug the tone knob hole?

[/ QUOTE ]

Inside the control cavity, I glued a small wooden shim under the hole(very small, very flat). Then I cut a piece of the same wood and glued it in the hole from the top (on top of the piece I glued inside). Then filled in the rest with wood filler.

Comment

Beautiful save dude, nice choice on the new color! looks Great! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Thanks for sharing the story and the pics. That guitar looks great - very nice choice on the color. With the small exception of the "character mark" on the fretboard, the guitar looks practically brand new. I tip my hat to you, sir!
                Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] That color kicks ass!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Killer color!! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Excellent before and after timeline.

Comment

That looks killer! You made the right choice... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Thats gorgeous man, [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] I'm glad you finally got it back. Congrats on your first SD. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I'm officially Jealous. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Great job. You should start a rescue mission. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Looks great, cool story! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Are there TWO scarf joints (see the photo that shows the back of the neck)?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Are there TWO scarf joints

[/ QUOTE ]

At one point the neck was repaired right at the nut. Hence the two scarf joint look. The repair is as close to perfect as you could get and is really only cosmetic...and barely at that, IMHO (and I'm usually pretty picky about things like that)

If it weren't for that, this guitar really would be "as new".

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                That looks killer! You made the right choice...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, you know what I'm talking about [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X