my first jackson V! (RR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first jackson V! (RR)

grabbed this on ebay when I noticed the seller was local (well, a 45-minute-drive-away local) and I could avoid the $50 shipping he was charging (which considering the size of the case, might not really be all that outrageous). I drove down to pick it up last night and forgot all about going back into work afterwards (which was my original plan) and instead ending up playing it until 1am or so, when I realized I hadn't eaten dinner and I was starving.

the serial number says it's a 1994, although it's a UO number rather than an RR number, does that make sense?

an attempt to get a good picture of the _gorgeous_ abalone in the logo, I couldn't get it to look nearly as nice as it does in person:

the MOP in the inlays is particularly 'swirly' and colorful also, also hard to get a good picture of

those are an EMG 81 and 85 (I may have to try the swap and see if I become an 85-in-the-bridge convert)

What's the official name for that graphic?

Re: my first jackson V! (RR)

Wow, very nice. I believe it is called "Black and White Dragon". It has a U0 serial number because it was a production guitar and not a custom order. Good luck with it. It looks great! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Wow, very nice. I believe it is called "Black and White Dragon". It has a U0 serial number because it was a production guitar and not a custom order. Good luck with it. It looks great! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
      ahh, so all the RR numbers were custom orders? I didn't realize that; thanks for the info! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
        ahh, so all the RR numbers were custom orders? I didn't realize that; thanks for the info! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

From the Jackson website -----> NOTES: All Randy Rhoads neck-thru's were given "RR****" serial numbers from 1983 to the spring of 1990. After that point, only custom Rhoads guitars were given "RR****" serial numbers; any production Rhoads guitars were considered "USA" models and given "U0****" serial numbers.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Hey! Congrats and the graphic looks AMAZING!
          Love trhe B/W Dragon..
          I wish I could have that graphic on round horn V like Robbin's.

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            From the Jackson website -----> NOTES: All Randy Rhoads neck-thru's were given "RR****" serial numbers from 1983 to the spring of 1990. After that point, only custom Rhoads guitars were given "RR****" serial numbers; any production Rhoads guitars were considered "USA" models and given "U0****" serial numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]
            ahh, cool; thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (I was just looking at the serial list here on the site and it didn't mention that)

Comment

Wow! Never seen a Rhoads with that graphic! I'll have to check it out next time I'm in your 'hood! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You were playing it til 1 AM? What did your neighbors think? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I dont usually like graphics but that is pretty cool!!

Comment

Yeah, that is a sweet Jackson, it kills my old Rhoads Performer. The output being in the position it is is a blessing. On mine, it jams into your thigh when your trying to play sitting down. And swap those pickups! You'll like it!
                  Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

http://www.myspace.com/joblo1978

Comment

Nice Rhoads!!!! Looks Great!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

That is very nice looking. I've seen that graphic on a KV2 and thought it cool, but it may be even nicer looking, in my opinion, on the Rhoads.

Comment

That is a fine looking RR.. Congratz!!

Comment

Nice!!Love that graphic,one of my all-time favorites!!Congrats,great score!!Chucksplatter

Comment

Awesome! Congrats!!

Comment

That is very nice! Nice score.
                              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X