Score of the century!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Score of the century!!!

Not exactly the "Score of the Century" heh heh, but hey good on ya.

Also, sometimes GC blows out used stuff that's been sitting awhile; ie an '89 USA Soloist with JT6 that was $499, reduced to $349 last winter. It was red, and had a few dings.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Also, sometimes GC blows out used stuff that's been sitting awhile

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true as well. That's where I got my Soldano 2x12 cab. It was used and orginally $400, but it was there for more than a few months and they dropped it down to $200 when I saw. Also, I traded a guitar for it that only cost me $120!
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I only find deals like that when I'm absolutely broke. When I have the cash, I only find expensive stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice score!!

Comment

Nice Score [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] That looks exactly like mine.I also have a SL1 in Blue Green Pearl.I have not seen many in that color.
            Mike
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

The best deal around me is a Cherry Burst Slatqh that is for 2300$ can which is around 1750$ us which is not better than the offers of the official dealers.

But it is a good deal considering that it comes from a music center that normally take the US list price and convert it in Can$.

Comment

Nice looking guitar. Great shade of blue, too. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

hey ive found its much better to make GC an offer, than it is trying to haggle after the fact. I got 2 BCRichs from them that way. I told the sales guy, look at my account in the computer, I want those 2 guitars for this price. if you can do it Ill take them both if not i dont want either of them. he said he could do it but he had to charge me for the 2 cases, oh well I dont want them then & i started to walk. I dont think i took 3 steps before a manager ran over looked at my info on the computer & told me you got a deal.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    NO ONE gets a great deal at Guitar Center. If they sold it to you for $550.00 that means they paid $100 or less for the guitar. I know...I used to work for those clowns.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think generally they mark things up between 1-2 times what they paid for it, depending on how well the trader worked with them. And compared to how much used guitars may go eleswehere (Ebay), it can be a deal from GC. Yes, they're still making a profit, but the price for the buyer is overall cheaper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah..that was a decent price in the end (good score BTW) but I was a designated buyer, and I quit working for them because of their buying tactics. I basically got sick of insulting people on the value of their guitars. And try a 3 to 4 x markup. It might be different elsewhere, but that's the way it is here in the NYC Metro area.

Comment

In my experiences, they will usually give you 50% of what they will sell it for. That goes for GC Sam Ash and Daddies. They'll give a little more if you are trading in. Not really a good deal. I think they screw up sometimes though and price things under and over what they are worth.

Jim
                      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Garbage Center blows PERIOD! I find it to be nothing more then a gathering of has-been shreders working their who still live at home with mommy and build up their pathetic self esteem by firing up a Lynch solo to a newbie 11 year-old and his daddy trying to bye Johnny his first guitar.

I love watching these 3o-something year-olds with the "Winger fan club hairdo" get their rocks off by playing every axe through every amp they can to impress lil Johnny.

I find it more amusing to have to school these ass-clowns about every detail of all the different guitar manufacturers. By the time I'm done, I usually have at least half their staff standing around me going "really? I didn't know that" or "how do you know so much about guitars?"

My favorite is telling them I know cost on everything.. I never ask How much.. I usually tell em I'll give em cost + 10% -OUT THE DOOR on new stuff or I'm walkin and I always get that deal.(It's even more amusing when you quote them "cost" and they have to spend 20 minutes looking it up only to find out I was right all along.)

I know in the Detorit area whatever the used price on the tag is EXACTLY a 100% markup of what they have into it.
                        SO, I cut the price in half, add 10% and that's ALWAYS my final offer.. Some times it works, sometimes it don't.

However, I DID score a Mustaine siganture King V quilt top for $450 and the Charvel strat head in the gallery(red, white and blue stripes-matching headstock for $2000.. so you can get a cool deal every blue moon from GC..

That was a good deal on the blue Soloist,regardless of what they had into it-NICE SCORE [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

If you know someone that works there then you'll be fine. Simply from going in there and bullshitting with people, I've come to know the head-guitar-sales-guys at two different Guitar Centers. I usually get right where kickaxe offers (cost+10%) every time. Naturally, the first time or two you have to sort of bite it when you go there and then you'll start getting awesome deals because the people that work there remember you. I go into the two different Guitar Centers there and both of the guys that work there approach me the moment I come through the door simply because they know I buy stuff. I ask them if they have any good used gear that's come in and they point me in the proper direction. I don't even ask if they have anything new that's good anymore. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Edit 2 - Also it helps if you're paying with cash. Never try to get a great deal and then get out your credit card. If you walk in there with a set amount of money in your wallet and you basically say "I only have (however much money you want to spend on the gear) with me" you should be able to get the sale, especially if the item has been in the store for a while.

Just a quick check... Do they have a waiting period on used gear where you guys live? Its 30 days here in Washington, so if you see something that just came in you have to put money down on it and they put it in the back for the 30 day period to make sure that its not a stolen instrument.

Comment

I know they have the 30 day hold policy at the pawn shops around here, but not sure about GC. I would assume it would be the same there too.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Just a quick check... Do they have a waiting period on used gear where you guys live? Its 30 days here in Washington, so if you see something that just came in you have to put money down on it and they put it in the back for the 30 day period to make sure that its not a stolen instrument.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they do in MA. I know in NH they do.

Comment

In California they do. I have a DXMG waiting for me.
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X