Score of the century!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score of the century!!!

I just happened to be in my local Guitar Center today and what do I see hanging on the wall...a used SL1 with a price tag of $550.00!!!! I quickly grabbed it off the wall and inspected it. A few of the usual small battle scars but overall in very good condition. She's going to need a cleaning. I plugged her in and she plays and sounds great.

I flag down a salesman and ask him if it comes with a case. He goes off looking for it. He comes back and says he can't find it but he'll check the computer. He comes back and says there is a case with it and it's $69.00. I say BULLSHIT! Give me the case with the guitar. He says he can't. I again say BULLSHIT! He says ok $30.00. I say let me see it. He goes off looking for it again. Comes back 15 mins later and says it's the store but he can't find it. So I said I'd come back tomorrow for the guitar and put some money down on it.

I will have pics tomorrow.

Re: Score of the century!!!

You should have grabbed that thing and ran!

Comment

Cool, man! Good luck with it.
      I've been lucky at GC lately - my ENGL Savage 120, then the PC-1.... wonder when I'll find that San Dimas...?!?? lol

Comment

I wish I got that lucky when I drop by the GC around here. Great snag on the SL1!

Comment

I would have taken the guitar and came back the next day for case.

joe...
          www.godwentpunk.com
          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I was in GC in Boston last week an noticed a brand new DKMGT for $350. I seriousy think they have their heads up there ass some times.

They also had an early 90's USA Dinky for 850 that was really rough.

I hope they don't realize that they **** up and screw you on the price when you go back. Nice score.

Jim
            "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

I put $100 down on it so it ain't going nowhere. I was thinking about just taking the guitar and coming back for the case but then I won't have any leverage to get the case for free.

If they did screw up it's too late because I got a receipt saying it's mine once I pay the balance.

Comment

Read the fine print, it probably also says they reserve the right to cancel any pending sales/layaways/etc, so unless you lay down the full amount at once, they can hand you back your money and restock the guitar at a higher price.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Good luck with it all. Keep us posted and put up some pics when you get here home.

Jim

Comment

Then again, $550 + $30 for the case is still a great deal, even though all USA Jacksons include the hard case.

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

WTF is up with GC charging for cases that the guitar was traded into them with? When you trade a guitar in, do you say "ok, I'll take it, but I'll need $30 for the case." [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

I almost got a job there. Thank God I didn't!

Jim

Comment

Good luck on this score.
                        KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                        I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Can't wait for the pix!
                          Congrats on great deal!
                          [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I can understand finding an SL3 for that price...but an SL1? Wow... yeah i would have jumped on that too... Cant wait to see some pics...

Comment

Nice score but like some others said ,you should have grabbed it. Lets see some pics when you get it and from now on don't hesitate to grab a good deal right away.

Comment

Working...
                              X