Score of the century!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Score of the century!!!

NO ONE gets a great deal at Guitar Center. If they sold it to you for $550.00 that means they paid $100 or less for the guitar. I know...I used to work for those clowns.

Comment

I scored my SL2H in the GC in Boston a few months back. i was hanging on the wall with the used guitars. a 2001 in basically unplayed condition, traded my SL# (which I got form them for brand new at $700.00) and $300.00 cash! I also once saw a natural finish San dimas Strat head hanging on the wall for $599.99. Someone had already grabbed it and was laughing all the way out the store. I swear these guys have no clue.
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

"...traded my SL# (which I got form them for brand new at $700.00) and $300.00 cash!"

I assume you meant SL3. So you paid $700 for an SL3? And $300 more for the SL2H? Great bargining skills there, killer.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          NO ONE gets a great deal at Guitar Center. If they sold it to you for $550.00 that means they paid $100 or less for the guitar. I know...I used to work for those clowns.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think generally they mark things up between 1-2 times what they paid for it, depending on how well the trader worked with them. And compared to how much used guitars may go eleswehere (Ebay), it can be a deal from GC. Yes, they're still making a profit, but the price for the buyer is overall cheaper.
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I was in GC in Boston last week an noticed a brand new DKMGT for $350.

[/ QUOTE ]

I go in the Cincinnati OH store frequently. They never have good deals on Jacksons. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Oh well....I'm weak when it comes to good deals. So maybe it's for the best. The rent comes first (most of the time). [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

ya Chuck I meant SL3 it was brand new, so I got a virtually unplayed SL2h for $1000.00. I don't think that's a bad deal. (it's not the score of the century either, but my SL2H is my baby. Nicest neck I've ever played. SL3's generally go for $700--$900.00 new (In the Boston area anyway). Now that strathead that was walking out the door................... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Going to Guitar Center is all about knowing the employees. If you make a purchase there at the price they have posted and then just talk it up with the person that you're dealing with if you come back another time they'll treat you very nicely. Just talk to them a lot and make sure they're the ones that are the managers of the guitar section or whatever and you'll be taken care of.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I was in GC in Boston last week an noticed a brand new DKMGT for $350. I seriousy think they have their heads up there ass some times.

They also had an early 90's USA Dinky for 850 that was really rough.

I hope they don't realize that they **** up and screw you on the price when you go back. Nice score.

Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate that store... not only is half the stuff overpriced but the employee's are extremely irritating.

Nice score by the way [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

This sounds just like my Soloist find at my local GC a few years ago. They had an 87 Soloist on display with the usual used junk for $549. I asked them if they would come down on the price and the salesguy came down to $500. He said it had no case and sold me a new Jackson case for $60. The guy had no clue and even called it a Jackson Professional.
                    Congrats on the score!

Comment

wow bro, an 87 soloist for $549? thats decent (coming from me), when compared to my bud who shelled $900 for an '85, with a few down-to-bare-wood dings. and a kahler.

Comment

sworn_enemy, you got that at the Attleboro G.C. didn't you. I was in there Thursday and saw that SL-1. I called our other guitar player to try to get him to buy it. Oh well!!

Comment

That's the one. I even ended up getting the case for free! They couldn't find the Jackson case so they gave me an old Charvel chainsaw case that was in pretty good condition. And here are the pics as promised.

Haven't cleaned her up yet but she still looks good.

The big mark on the body and headstock are from the flash.

And here's the case.

Thanks for all the positive comments. The coolest thing about it is that this is the first time in my life I've owned more than one guitar at a time and they're both USA Jacksons.

Comment

That is too sweet!!!!!!!! Nice score!
                            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Nice score. The fact that they probably screwed up on the price makes it even sweeter!

Jim
                              "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Congratulations, man. What an amazing deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X