Does the SLS Soloist Rock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the SLS Soloist Rock?

Any feedback on a Post Fender SLS Soloist? I am about to receive one...

Re: Does the SLS Soloist Rock?

They suck since Fender took over, just like every other USA Jackson. Even the new Charvels suck. I'm thinking about going to Ibanez.

Seriously, and no offense, but that's a very tired question. "Post Fender"!?! WTF it's not like Fender's trying to drive Jackson into the ground. How long have you been here!? Have you not read one single new guitar review, including the dozens of first-hand reports and scrutinizations and side-by-side comparisons between "Pre" and "Post-Fender" Jacksons?
    Jeezus people give it a damn rest - the SLS is a kickass USA Jackson made even better by the Cat's Eye inlays.
    Of course, it could really use a Floyd and 24 frets, but that's just my opinion.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Any feedback on a Post Fender SLS Soloist? I am about to receive one...

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda silly to ask for feedback when it's on the way. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Hopefully I'll know soon mine has only been on order for 4+ months...

Comment

Hey Newc have another cup of coffee. I'm tired too of the pre post thing but some guys just don't know. Anyway I've never played one but it should kick ass. On a side note, I think fender actually has better QC then Akai did. I have both era's of axes and fender is doing a better job at least with what I've got. post fender actually is better if there is such a phrase as post fender.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            They suck since Fender took over, just like every other USA Jackson. Even the new Charvels suck. I'm thinking about going to Ibanez.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn man, I thought you were serious on that one. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Phew, what a relief.

Comment

actually, under laboratory tests and conditions, the SLS has been confirmed to "Rock" on several differnent occasions. Of course the results are preliminary and may differ under non laboratory circumstances. No animals were harmed in the testing of the SLS.
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I agree with Fender doing better job than before they bought Jackson.
                People make big deal about i and I don't know why.
                Sometimes things get better,not worse when a bigger company buys a smaller company.
                This one is a good example.
                I thought late 90's Jackson guitars weren't good...

Comment

No matter who owns what, pick one up, and PLAY it. If it ROCKS for you, then who cares?..The only way to judge a guitar is in your hands and with your ear. JMO...

Comment

I've yet to see a USA Jackson that wasn't flat out badass and meant to be played. A 24 3/4" scale & double sharkfin inlays...they gotta' rock.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Hopefully I'll know soon mine has only been on order for 4+ months...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry to see that I am not the only one. I put a deposit down on one with KE in JANUARY because it was due anytime, and I have yet to see it.

8+ months for a production guitar is ridiculous.

Comment

I hear you fritz...I've heard stories where guys just never got there guitars...don't know why but damn I hope that does not happen to mine...or yours....or anybodies. I BETTER not hear any **** from the dealers about a price increase when the guitars do arrive....these were ordered and the price negotiated well before the increase so....

Comment

Hey I just noticed you are in Maryland....me too, where are you at?

Comment

It's the same with my SLS. Ordered in February and latest news is that it will be shipped in October. That's just too long for a regular production model! [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Hey I just noticed you are in Maryland....me too, where are you at?

[/ QUOTE ]

Odenton, MD in Anne Arundel County. How about you?

Comment

Working...
                              X