Does the SLS Soloist Rock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does the SLS Soloist Rock?

I'm in Indian Head ,(Charles County), which is south of DC by about 20 miles by way of water, I'm on the Potomac... I grew up in Gaithersburg though. Too bad your so far...not being from the immediate area I don't know alot of guys to jam with.

Comment

Am I noticing a trend with the SLS??? I figured the custom shop would wait until they have a specific number of guitars to build in a certain color and only THEN begin building them which actually makes alot of sense. Mine is being built with a Natural Finish....I think the body binding against the natural mahogany finish on the back will absolutely MAKE that guitar. I can think of alot of people in the world with bigger problems than simply waiting on their $1500.00 guitar but damn...it would be nice to get it. What finishes do others here have on order...maybe we should have all ordered the same colors... I just noticed I'm a real member now...cool.....who wants to buy some ****? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I just called my dealer , my expected delivery date for my SLS is 7/13/04....go figure.

Comment

My expected delivery date was 6/20/04 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Then it became August and now it's October. Finish is VB, btw...

Comment

damn....I've had that guitar for a month now and didn't even realize it....

Comment

OK thanks for the responses! I mentioned the "pre Fender" thing because I have seen some older SLS's that look like totaly different guitars; 25.5" scale, no cat eye inlays, and flat wide neck profiles. These new ones seem more like a Gibson animal; 24.75" scale and "C" shaped neck profile. Anyway when I get it at the end of this week I will see if it is a keeper if not I will sell it.

Comment

I've only seen them in pictures, but they seem pretty damn cool. I love the headstock on them.

Comment

Played one @ Atlanta Music Brokers. Liked it a lot, BUT I'd probably change the pickups to bring out the best in it.

Comment

Damn... I wish I knew you guys were in Maryland! I just got back from there for vacation. I stayed in Annapolis!

I don't have an SLS on order, but I just ordered an SL1 from Scott. He said 4 months... which is cool since it will give me time to come up with the rest of the money. I can't wait though.... may sound stupid but it's my dream guitar.. Snow White SL1!!! I'm easy to please... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I'm in Indian Head ,(Charles County),

[/ QUOTE ]

Indian Head!? LOL! That's too funny. I was stationed 3 different times in Indian Head when I was in the Navy. My wife is from Bryan's Road which is just up the road about 5 miles.

So, do you know what a SMIB is? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I am no SMIB....my wife is pretty close though, she grew up in South Dakota...you know...double wi....well forget it, but yes I am surrounded. I live over near Smallwood State Park near Stumpneck. I own and operate a local Machine Shop....I do alot of r&d work for the Surface Warfare Center.....small world huh...

Comment

Working...
                        X