Allen Wrench for trussrod...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen Wrench for trussrod...

What size allen wrench do I need for my RR-1´s truss rod??

Re: Allen Wrench for trussrod...

I use a 3/16ths inch allen key to adjust my USA Soloist's truss rod. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

How long have they been using allen wrench adjusters?

Comment

Well, my old 89' Carvin had one, if that helps.

Comment

No, thats Carvin. I mean USA Jackson.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I use a 3/16ths inch allen key to adjust my USA Soloist's truss rod. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! fits like a glove... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              No, thats Carvin. I mean USA Jackson.

[/ QUOTE ]
              I've never seen any Carvin or Jackson use an allen key. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                What size allen wrench do I need for my RR-1´s truss rod??

[/ QUOTE ]

I know if I buy the whole set of allen wrenches, then one should fit. And the set costs 5 bucks and it's Stanley, which is great IMO. And you get them mounted on nice plastic thingy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I don't have that damn plastic mounting thingy on the back of my headstock due to the friggin' Mike Shannon signature. [/brag] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

You're welcome! Glad that it worked. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Yeah, I don't have that damn plastic mounting thingy on the back of my headstock due to the friggin' Mike Shannon signature. [/brag] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

You're welcome! Glad that it worked. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">You are an evil little troll NOTP [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Still, that allen key holder is somewhat handy for obvious reasons, but also because it adds a miniscule amount of mass to the headstock, hence improving sustain, if you believe in that sorta thing. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Just for the record, I have absolutely NO idea what these other guys are even talking about here in their little Carvin discussion... can somebody clue me in? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I never have seen an allen screw style Jackson truss adjuster. Someone mentioned how their Carvin had an allen style one (which Carvin is not Jackson, makes no sense to me). I was wondering when they changed to that style. All of my Jacksons use a Gibson style adjuster which is a socket style.

Comment

Socket style... as in this?

Well, okay, the one for my Ibanez is still an L-shaped tool but the truss rod is a bullet-style that requires a socket... that is, if the pic above is socket style. I'll take a pic of my own later tonight and you can help me identify it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Every Jackson and Charvel I've ever had also has had the Gibson-style socket adjuster. I think people here are getting confused with what an allen wrench is and what a socket wrench is, at least that's the perception I'm getting.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

<font color="aqua">Yes, let's see a pic of someone's new Jackson truss rod. I didn't know they changed either. Does anyone know the year they changed? </font>
                              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                              X