• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Allen Wrench for trussrod...

[ QUOTE ]
    Socket style... as in this?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yes, that's a socket style version. Allen keys are what you use on your locking nut and Floyd locking pins, saddles, posts.
    The only guitar company I can think of offhand that uses an allen key to adjust its truss rod is Fender.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well, four out of five of my guitars use these sort of keys for truss rod adjustment:

Whereas my Ibanez has a bullet truss rod that requires a different kind of key, I am assuming sort of like the picture I posted in my previous reply.

Comment

what size IS the socket on jacksons with a socket truss rod adjuster?

(I put my standard 11s tuned to Eb on the new rhoads and it needs just a little tweak to bring it back to perfection)

I have a gibson socket wrench, but that's clearly too big.

Comment

Both(sold one)of my soloists take a allen key to adjust the truss rod.Both are recently built , one in Jan 2003 and the other Nov 2002.The size of the allen key is 3/16 or .1875 . I also have a older Carvin a 1991 and it also take a allen key.The newer ones do not.
          Mike
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Wow, interesting. Never knew they started doing that. Got a pic?

Comment

I will get you a pic if you want.It will have to be tommorrow night though I need [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] now .
              Mike
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Cool, no prob. I need [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] right now, too.

Comment

Crapola, I totally forgot to take those pictures of my truss rod keys. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Will do tonight... you'll all need to help me identify what the heck they're called, because I just typically call them truss rod keys. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The PC-1 neck I have takes an allen wrench (I thought it was a regular nut type that had broken off [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

But it's a surprisingly weak pot-metal nut. I think I may have rounded it some. It sticks fine going one way, but is kinda "jumpy" going the other way.

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      what size IS the socket on jacksons with a socket truss rod adjuster?

(I put my standard 11s tuned to Eb on the new rhoads and it needs just a little tweak to bring it back to perfection)

I have a gibson socket wrench, but that's clearly too big.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      can someone with the old socket style truss rod adjuster tell me what size socket wrench I need?

Comment

I'm pretty sure the size is 1/4" for the older socket style....that is what it is on my 88' Reverse-Head Soloist [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Okay, I took the picture. The thing on the very far right is what I use to adjust my Ibanez's bullet style truss rod. So, what's that thing called? Socket key or something? The key next to it is the 3/16ths inch key typically used for my other guitars, although I've been known to use a ball-ended hex wrench of the same diameter to adjust at weird angles.

Comment

I believe the technical name for it is the "Truss rod socket key adjustment tool thingy". [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X