It's HERE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's HERE!!!

Hey All...Just got my Violin Brown SL-2H yesterday! Came all the way from Scott at Vwall in Texas to me here in Ohio without a scratch on the box!

The color is a little darker than I expected, but I dig it just the same!! The finish is flawless. It's the best playing Jackson I've ever touched! The flame top is tight, and even the back of the neck is flamed! Have any of you guys seen that before?

Something new, is that they now include a Fender micro-fiber towel and a bottle of polish, which is a nice touch!

Re: It\'s HERE!!!

oooh, that's purdy! enjoy your new guitar [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

(I haven't seen a flamed neck like that, unless it was something specially ordered that way)

Comment

Nice one!
      Check that neck! Nice Maple!
      The color in the pics, looks like Trans Red...
      Congrats!
      [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Also....what do you guys think of the JB pickups? I've only had a few minutes with the guitar through my amp, but they seem a little...flabby...to my ears. My last axe had EMG's, so maybe I need to get my ears used to them [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].

What's the closest thing I can get to an EMG 81 without going active?

Comment

Wow, nice. Enjoy

Comment

Maybe it is too early to talk about changing pickups.
            A week of try, you wil liek it the way it is or maybe you will need to change them.
            However I do agree that SL1 or 2H with Duncan seems something is missing.
            EMGs are good choice.

Comment

Great-looking guitar! Nice flame on the neck, too. As for pickups, maybe you might like a DiMarzio Super 3 in there. But I'm sure you'll get plenty o' suggestions on the pickups from the folks around here. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Sweet, I have a Trans-black SL2H and she's my fav. Nice color, I've never seen flame on a neck like that on a soloist, very cool [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

That thing is friggin gorgeous!!! Congrats bro! I'd say give the pups some time, maybe a week or two and then decide. If you're used to EMG's then they might sound kinda flat... On an SL2H I'd think about a Screamin Demon in the Neck and an Invader in the bridge, but that all depends on what kind of music you play...

Comment

That is a sweet looking guitar! Hope ya enjoy it!

Comment

Nice. I love the flame on the neck. I've never seen that before.

Comment

congratulations...very sweet.

yeah...give the JB some time, you may like it after you get used to it.
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Way Cool Bro! Love the neck! My TBK SL2MAH should be here in a few days.....can't wait! I got it from Scott too. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Thanks guys! I got away from Jackson's for a while to try Ernie Ball, Peavey, Ibanez, and even Warmoth, but there's just some mojo about a Jackson that words can't describe.

Comment

Beautiful axe. I LOVE the flame on the back of the neck. I swapped in EMGs on my SL2H and am very happy, but if I was going passive, I think I'd try the DiMarzio Tone Zone. I hear it's comparable to an EMG 85.

Comment

Working...
                              X