For PC1 Owners - Pick Up Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For PC1 Owners - Pick Up Replacement

I replaced the Dimarzio because I thought it was nasal sounding. Put in a Gibson Dirty Fingers which was OK.
    I thought I could still do better so I put in a Seymour Duncan Custom TB-5 model.
    Holly ****!
    This guitar is a Screaming Wailing Fire Breathing Dragon!
    My Framus is in for repair and so I plugged into an old Crate head - not that great of an amp.

You could hit any note on this guitar and with a little vibrato you would jump to the next harmonic and it would sustain infinitely - without the sustainer on!

Me and the guy who I jam with who turned me on to the PC1 sat there stunned. I have never heard a guitar sound this good.

This is a great pick up because you can turn it slightly down and it gets a little thinner and more focused. When you open it up it gets fat while still retaining articulation. It is also very percussive. It is unforgiving though so you need to have your chops down becuase it will not cover mistakes.

by the way, a wire broke on the pin connector that fits into the circuit board where the pick up hooks in. If anyone knows where to get these pins with wire already crimped in and ready for pick up installation please let me know. I currently have it sort of "jerry rigged."
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Re: For PC1 Owners - Pick Up Replacement

Congrats on finally finding that 1 pup that really makes the axe sing!
    What happened to the Framus?

- Joel
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Comment

FYI, the Gibson Dirty Fingers is Gibson's copy of a DiMarzio Super Distortion, which is why it doesn't sound good [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And I do agree about the Custom being a great pickup, though I've recently got a guitar with a Screamin Demon in the bridge, and I think I like it a little better - the Custom seems dark to me now compared to the other pickups I have (Pearly Gates, ScrmnDmn, Distortion, JB).

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

cool. i had a custom custom in mine for a while, but switched to a dimarzio paf pro and i'm pleased with the sound that i'm getting. i like weaker pickups, and the paf pro has a tonal curve that i like plus it "works" with my amp rig (i shelved the Riveras for now): 1963 fender tremolux with a sans amp classic for OD, an old boss chorus ensemble, and a boss dd-3 delay into a mesa classic (lonestar) 1x12 cab.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          FYI, the Gibson Dirty Fingers is Gibson's copy of a DiMarzio Super Distortion, which is why it doesn't sound good [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Bah, I've got a Super D in my JJP... one of the best sounding pups ever! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I think it sounds much better than any JB I've ever heard. And I think even the Invader sounds better than the JB. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I had a SuperD AND a Super3 - didn't like em. Kinda muddy and farty on the bass and glassy/Stratty on the treble.
            Still got the SuperD in the neck of my Agile though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
            X