USA Jackson soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Jackson soloist

Dumb question..........What the difference between SL1, SL2 and SL3?
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Re: USA Jackson soloist

Specs are on Jackson's Web Site Here

Comment

Or,

SL1 - Hum, single, single
      SL2H- Two hums
      SL3 - Made in Japan. Hum, single, single. No binding, JT580 trem. Duncan Pickups.
      SL4 - Made in Japan. Two hums. No binding, JT580 trem. Duncan Pickups. 22 frets.

Rodrigo.
      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

And the SL2 is an unbound, non-inlay version of the SL2H. I think the trem is also a JT-580 on the SL2 as well.

And then you have other Soloists such as the SLATQH and other Archtop Soloists, SLS, SLSMG, Shannon Soloist, the new SL1T and SL2HT string-thru versions, and a few one-hum SL1Hs. Plenty of choices, but none with the H/S/H pickup configuration that I badly want. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, the SL2 has the JT580 too. Hey NOTP, if you're looking for a H/S/H Jackson, look for a late 90's DX2 model, it has that config and comes with Kent Armstrong pickups. No soloist though...
          Facebook - Youtube

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            And the SL2 is an unbound, non-inlay version of the SL2H. I think the trem is also a JT-580 on the SL2 as well.

And then you have other Soloists such as the SLATQH and other Archtop Soloists, SLS, SLSMG, Shannon Soloist, the new SL1T and SL2HT string-thru versions, and a few one-hum SL1Hs. Plenty of choices, but none with the H/S/H pickup configuration that I badly want. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
            You forgot the blue one hum Shannon. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Oh yeah, the one that is on www.jacksonguitars.com that Moshwitz owned and now belongs to Brett. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'll definitely look into that DX2 a little more. I've seen pictures of it (a trans purple one if I remember correctly) but I'd rather carve a single coil route into an SL2H and put a 5-way blade switch in. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh Brett owns that now? Cool! It's in the Custom Shop Archives and was also Jimmy B's avatar for awhile. Don't know if Jimmy ever knew it was obatained by someone here, though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yup, almost immediately after I got my black Shannon, Moshwitz signed up and asked about his own one-hum BGF Shannon. Then, Brett traded two guitars for Moshwitz's Shannon. Now, it's on Brett's new website, right beside the whole arsenal of other Shannons. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And Brett wondered why Uniballer had the guitar in his avatar a few months ago. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Now Uniballer's avatar is hilarious. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for all the input
                    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

That one hum Shannon doesn't have the MS sig on the back though, does it?

Comment

Working...
                      X