• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show us your SL2(Inlay free beauty)

Here's mine!

This is an old photo, presently, the baby is fitted with SDs

Fong

Re: Show us your SL2(Inlay free beauty)

I love those SL2's except for the floyd. Guitars without inlays look so much cleaner to my eyes. If those had white binding on the neck and headstock I'd have to hunt one down.

Comment

It has black binding :") [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'd love to get one of those, I'd seen them before, but I've never had the pleasure of seeing one, when I have the extra money to throw around.

Comment

I wish I could find a yellow one.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I wish I could find a yellow one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha. I'm lookin for a yellow one too, but don't think i will be getting one till i'm back in America.

Fong

Comment

I need fret markers im not that good yet...does it have side markers?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I need fret markers im not that good yet...does it have side markers?

[/ QUOTE ]
              I believe it does have side dots.

Comment

It has side dots and to tell you the truth, I really didn't miss the inlays. I think it looks more daunting than it actually is. You should try one.

Jim
                "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Awesome SL2H, Chameleonfong!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Awesome SL2H, Chameleonfong!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    SL2
                    [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      It has side dots and to tell you the truth, I really didn't miss the inlays. I think it looks more daunting than it actually is. You should try one.

Jim

[/ QUOTE ]
                      yeah, I didn't miss the inlays at all on the inlay-free warlock I had. (it also had side dots; I think I just tend to subconsiously use those more than the actual inlays)

Comment

I just realized that the last 3 guitars I purchased were inlay free. I really prefer that look if what I'm getting doesn't have sharkies. It has never been a distraction, either.

Comment

I now have Sambencuda's old black SL2, along with an RR2 and DR2 (both blue) to keep the no-inlay theme going. I always appreciate good inlays, but sometimes a blank fretboard is more impressive than a bunch of pearl or abalone.
                          sigpic

Comment

yea I like the simple look of it..not fancy ..just a tone machine...no flash..

Comment

Hey everybody! This is my first post, but have been reading for a while!

I have one of these beauties and it was the inlay-less look that got me interested in the first place!

I saw it in a sam ash in NYC 7 years ago and it has been my baby since then!

You get used to not having inlays quickly and to be honest, when you play you get used to checking the side markers for your position.

I always said I would never get rid of it but I might have to in order to finance one of the new charvel EVH's though. I'm torn between being loyal and splashing out on something new!

Also does anyone have any idea how many of these soloists are out there?

Comment

Working...
                              X