Show us your SL2(Inlay free beauty)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Show us your SL2(Inlay free beauty)

Thanks Fong. Thought I'd show a yard with a dead spot (grubs) and some dandelions.

Comment

Come on Guys, i'm sure that there are more than two SL2s here. If you can't post pictures of your babies, send them to me at [email protected] . and i'll be more than happy to host them for you.

Fong

Comment

Fong thats not the one that just sold on ebay is it?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Fong thats not the one that just sold on ebay is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope don;t think so, because the lovely Metallic red SL2 posted belongs to Junior. The one on the bay doesn't come with neither OFR nor SDs.

Fong

Comment

Wow, chrome hardware looks VERY good on metallic red! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I actually picked this up back in May off of Ebay. Use to belong to Jackson Endorsee Chris Canella of Autumns End. And the color is actually a little bit darker. Just that the natural lighting seems to make it lighter. No chips, dings, or scratches. So it's a keeper.

Comment

Sweet! I like it a lot.

Comment

I´m actually thinking about buying one of those, but the kent armstrong pickups and licenced floyd holds me back.

I would just put a dimarzio in the bridge, so thats not a problem, but how good is the trem?

Comment

great looking sl2

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I´m actually thinking about buying one of those, but the kent armstrong pickups and licenced floyd holds me back.

I would just put a dimarzio in the bridge, so thats not a problem, but how good is the trem?

[/ QUOTE ]

The kent armstrong pickups aren't bad, both neck and bridge pickups give a very sweet and clear tone. Very versatile, but lacks the balls.

I have yet to encounter any problem keeping the trem in tune. But like all floyd, it take time to set them up right.

Side note-I’ve switch my pickups to SDs as I swears by them. Next I’m planning to switch to OFR, because I like how they look, nothing to do with them between better than the present Floyd in the SL2.

My two cents
                      Fong

Comment

I switched out the bridge to a SD JB and it sounds killer. The trem stays in tune fine during regular playing, but doesnt like too much divebombing and can get a little bit touchy at times. These axes are so slick to play though, and the ebony board is so smoooooooth!

Comment

I can't believe that all we can come up with is only two pics of an SL2. C'mon guys lets see some of those beauties! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

How many were made? I guess they're not too commonplace, not even commonly owned by JCFers. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Who bought that SL2 from LHRocker like a month ago? I was in line to buy it, but not far enough forward in line. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Anyway, here are the pics he sent me to host on Photobucket for him.

Comment

Wow, thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Damn! Now i have to get the money to buy one

Comment

Working...
                                X