Ordered My Custom Dream Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered My Custom Dream Machine

Charvel Neck. Mahogany body, flamed maple top. 22nd - 24th frets scalloped. Modified Charvel neck by putting AT headstock on it (also same headstock as the SLS Soloist). Flamed maple neck. and fingerboard.
    Lower horn of the guitar bevelled or scalloped for increased access to 24th fret.
    Pick ups mounted directly on the body for increased sustain.
    Original Floyd Rose - better sustain than the recessed ones.
    Seymour Duncan Custom with two hot rails in middle and neck.
    Coil Splitter for bridge pickup.
    Awesome burnt orange flame maple paint on body and headstock. Paint darkens on outside edge of body - got hte idea curtosy of Tom Anderson guitars. Called a Tiger Burst paint job.
    This is actually a modification of the PC1.
    Left off the sustainer system because the batteries are a pain and I don't use the system anyways because I think it makes you lazy. You don't have to use your hands to get harmonics with the system on thereby decreasing your skill in my opinion.
    Will have pics in about 10 months!
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Re: Ordered My Custom Dream Machine

[ QUOTE ]
    Pick ups mounted directly on the body for increased sustain.
    Original Floyd Rose - better sustain than the recessed ones.
    Left off the sustainer system because the batteries are a pain and I don't use the system anyways because I think it makes you lazy. You don't have to use your hands to get harmonics with the system on thereby decreasing your skill in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

But those extra few zilliseconds of sustain you get from direct-mounted pickups and non-recessed OFR DON'T make you lazy. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Actually I have a Sustainiac system and I agree - it's not very useful for anything other than effects like violin/cello stuff.
    I mean, you're gonna hold ONE chord through a whole song and never hit it again? Maybe if you're trying to be Steve Howe and play a keyboard with your picking hand [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

why only scallop 2 frets?

rest of it sounds cool... congrats.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sounds interesting.
        Let's see.
        10months wait is looooong.
        We will keep bumping this thread so we don't forget about it.
        [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

About the Scalloped only 22-24frets, yea it is funny.
        Steve Vai model has 21-24.
        Maybe you wanted to keep 21st fret non scallopped.

Comment

Regarding the frets: I had an Ibanez Jem at one time. The upper frets of these 24 fret guitars are small and the Jem had the last 4 or 5 frets scalloped.
          That was a great feature.
          You are able to hit the notes more clearly and stretch better if you get the smaller frets scalloped.
          For me, I just need 22 - 24 scalloped because sometimes the 24th fret particularly muffles a bit and does not sustain when I stretch it. It will if it is scalloped.
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Working...
          X