• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iron Maiden Guitar Pictures?

bump

Comment

NOTP, those are some great pics. Adrian's white strathead Jackson, with the Engineer controls [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] is awesome! There's just something about a white guitar with a maple board.
      Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Did anyone originally buy the cassette tape of Live After Death? Between 3 friends of mine, they must have bought that tape over 8 copies of it! The tape broke so easily cos it was such a long tape, but they kept buying it! Mine broke too, but I wised up and bought it on cd (my 1st one actually!). Still have it, just wish it had the Hammersmith songs like the cassette has.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was released as a 2 tape set here in Oz. Side 4 was the Hammersmith performance. I was disappointed when the CD first came out and didn't have the Hammersmith songs. I believe the current version here is a 2 disc set, as NOTP described
        Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          believe the current version here is a 2 disc set, as NOTP described

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I gotta check that out!
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

ya know what sucks is that they didnt use any Jacksons on the live in rio DVD concert. that sucks!!! I would have loved to see some Jacksons on that DVD. What era did they use those Jacksons??? It seems I remembered they briefly used Washburns/Ibanez in the mid 80's too. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] am I right? or am I suffering from getting old??? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Did anyone originally buy the cassette tape of Live After Death? Between 3 friends of mine, they must have bought that tape over 8 copies of it! The tape broke so easily cos it was such a long tape, but they kept buying it! Mine broke too, but I wised up and bought it on cd (my 1st one actually!). Still have it, just wish it had the Hammersmith songs like the cassette has.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yes! i had to buy it twice on tape cause it broke. the cd sucks ass, as it does not have the hammersmith tunes at the end!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                ya know what sucks is that they didnt use any Jacksons on the live in rio DVD concert. that sucks!!! I would have loved to see some Jacksons on that DVD. What era did they use those Jacksons??? It seems I remembered they briefly used Washburns/Ibanez in the mid 80's too. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] am I right? or am I suffering from getting old??? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Janick is playing around with Adrian's white maple-board black-pickguard Jackson Strathead Strat backstage on the "Rock In Rio" disc. I couldn't configure my Windows Media Player 9 to play DVDs, so I couldn't make the vidcap from that... yet. When I figure out how, I'll make the vidcap. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The Jacksons pictured were used between "Somewhere In Time" (mostly Adrian) and "No Prayer For The Dying" (mostly Dave), although the booklet for "Live After Death" says Adrian already had a Charvel. Then when Adrian was Bruce Dickinson's guitarist for Bruce's solo project, Adrian was known to use a black Jackson King V tuned to Drop-D I think.

Definitely Ibanez. "The Number Of The Beast" saw Adrian using his red Ibanez Destroyer and Steve using a blue Ibanez (maybe) Precision Bass lookalike, a Roadstar I think it was called. I don't ever recall them being endorsed by any single company, as they've played a lot of different brands throughout.

I wouldn't even know of the Canadian Lado guitars had it not been for Steve's Unicorn and Super Falcon basses and Adrian's Earth guitars around "Powerslave". Check out the Lados:

Lado Guitars - There's even a Steve Harris Unicorn.

Comment

I love that white Strat with all the controls on it too!!! Does anybody know if he still has it or who does???

Comment

From what I remember Adrian had a couple of single Hum San Dimas strat heads, but I can't remember the colours. He also had 2 white strats, an RR, a soloist (only seen one pic of that) and a KV. Dave had the red strat and (I believe) 2 white ones with small logos.
                    Apparently Adrian's favourite guitar is now his standard USA Floyd Rose strat.....
                    Cheers
                    Ian
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I remember seeing a Ibanez catalog with a pic of Dave in it playing a Ibanez V style guitar. anybody else remember that? 1985-87 era catalog.

Yea NOTP, I remember seeing the Jackson backstage on the DVD. COOL!!!!
                      ON the Rock in Rio dvd they all used Fender Strats on stage, and Adrian played a Les Paul once. I thought I heard they had a big Fender endorsement during that time. Is that correct or not?? Just curious.

Fun stuff!!!

Comment

I'm not 100% positive about the Fender endorsement, but there WAS that Fender Iron Maiden Stratocaster and the Steve Harris lake placid blue Precision Bass, both made in Japan, from a couple of years ago or so. I don't know if that counts as a signature line or an endorsement or whatever. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

If they do indeed have a Fender endorsement, I think it would a good move for Fender to slide them on over to Jackson or Charvel. You know the kids would dig it.

Comment

Yes, I agree it would be great to see them playing Jacksons!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Agreed! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Hopefully it would mean that Jackson will use the H/S/H pickup configuration! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Wonder how Dave likes his current Wayne guitar used on the "Dance Of Death" album.

Comment

Dave only used Fender Strats with Floyds and 3 hotrails on the Dance of Death tour, the Wayne didn't make it for some reason.....?! That Iron Maiden signature Fender just never made sense to me - combining the features of 3 different guitars from 3 different players just seems a bit too much of a stretch to me....
                                Cheers
                                Ian
                                Popular is not the same as good
                                Rare is not the same as valuable
                                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                                X